Simple Solution, Yes or No. Thoughts added are nice to

AWESOMEACE

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think the guys name is Lessig that has labeled himself or is labeled as a "single item runner" or something to that nature. He is running on one thing only whatever it is called. So I have had this thought in the past and it recently just came back to me. We always hear about how complicated policies are and things needing simplified, so hows this for simplification.

If someone wants to run on a single item, run on the idea of creating a "law for all laws." That being a law stating no other law can be more than 20 pages long. That way people will actually know what is in them and the law will clearly be to address certain issues. Not taking a transportation bill and putting in language about medical device taxation or who is going to have a library named after them all stuffed into 2,000 pages of legalese that who knows what else it has in it.

Now I know this is grandiose thinking and far from reality because this is how special interests and the like operate, but just some thoughts. I mean it really doesn't have to be an overly complicated process that these guys run on, just make something simple and go with it.

Back