Simple question who is the best fighter not in the UFC

Stephan Puetz is by far the best fighter in the world not in the UFC right now. The beast is 6'6 LHW Champ for M-1 just beat the Undefeated HW Champ from M-1 in a super fight. This guy is the real deal. Who is the best fighter not in the UFC today?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Stephan-Puetz-96817

gNdF5e1.gif

(correct answer would be Askren, IMO)

So wait gspfedkobe24, are you saying Stephan Puetz is good or...?

loled hard as fuck.

Justin Gaeth is a savage.

Askren is overrated. Would get ktfo by Hendricks/lawler/rory

MVP would be grappled hard

This is a bit of a wild card but i think the acutal best fighter not in the UFC is actually Fedor.

loled hard as fuck.

Justin Gaeth is a savage.

Askren is overrated. Would get ktfo by Hendricks/lawler/rory

MVP would be grappled hard
I think Gaethje KO's Askren.

MVP is only 8-0, and his wins aren't exactly against legit competition. I have hope for his future, though.

Current: Funky Ben Askren

Prospect: Michael 'Venom' Page

patricio pitbull, no doubt in my mind

I thought Daniel Weichel had Pitbull in some trouble. Pitbull was in survival mode, but he's great no doubt.

Surprised nobody has said Will Brooks yet. He seems like he's a beast and has a pretty high ceiling. For a while I thought Michael Chandler would be top 5 in the UFC, and Brooks beat him twice.

Askren
Pitbull
Fedor
Cyborg
Evinger
Grasso

All Top-10 fighters in their respective division.

How sick would a fight like Eddie Alvarez vs Will Brooks or Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje be in the UFC

Patricio "Pitbull" Freire and Ben "Funky" Askren.

A lot of fighters look good until they come to the UFC. The one I want to see is Michael Paige, because I want to see him either get ko'd or ko someone spectularly

Quite a few, as evident in this thread. If companies like Bellator and WSOF were smart, they'd be snatching them up and promoting their "sponsor friendly" stance in response to that rotten Reebok deal made by UFC.

HW- Probably Vitaly Minakov. I like Marcin Tybura, but his conditioning doesn't seem that great. I think Minakov does better against the field in the UFC. It is worth mentioning that the only reason Puetz won was because the doctor stopped it because Tybura's nose was busted (I assume it was broken, but I couldn't understand a word they were saying). I've seen worse noses in fights that weren't stopped. Tybura would have probably won the decision. Though I would also like to see Sergei Kharitonov against some of these guys.

LHW- Possibly Stephen Puetz, but I'm pretty high on Liam McGeary as well.

MW- Brandon Halsey. I know some will probably still say Mamed Khalidov. But I'm going with Halsey.

WW- I'm gonna say Ben Askren...but I'd like to see him against Palhares. I think Palhares is dirty as hell, and he might not deserve a fight with Askren, but I'd still like to see it. I mean, there is a chance Palhares is the best WW not in the UFC.

LW- Justin Gaethje or Will Brooks. Honestly, I'm not sure I've written off Aoki. I'm curious how he would do against Brooks.

FW- Probably Patricio Pitbull.

BW- Marlon Moraes or Bibiano Fernandes. But you also have guys like Dantas, Galvao, Warren, and some up and comers like Luke Sanders, Brett Johns, Darrion Caldwell, Mike Wooten, etc.

FLW- Adriano Moraes

WBW- Potentially, Pannie Kianzad. I guess we will find out if she beats Evinger. If not, it very well might be Evinger. If you would have asked me before her last fight, I would have said Irene Aldana. Shows what I know. Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how good Evinger is doing. Maybe the competition outside of the UFC just isn't there, but Evinger does seem to have improved, and is looking good. I mean, if she beats two highly touted prospects back to back in Aldana and Kianzad, it's hard to deny her.

WSW- I'm gonna say Grasso.

Palhares
Fernandes
Shields
Aoki (much better in the ring or with OneC rules though)
Askren
Minakov
McGeary
Chandler
Brooks

Back