Simple Goat math

Simple GOAT math(s)

Leonard Garcia > Jens Pulver > BJ Penn > Matt Hughes > GSP > Michael Bisping > Matt Hammill > Jon Jones > Daniel Cormier > Stipe Miocic > JDS > Mirko Cro Cop > Kazushi Sakuraba > Rampage Jackson > Chuck Liddell > Randy Couture > Vitor Belfort > Luke Rockhold > Chris Weidman > Anderson Silva > Dan Henderson > Fedor Emelianenko.

There you have it. Leonard Garcia is the greatest to ever do it.

Brent Medley is the goat then. All hail Brent Medley...

Simple GOAT math(s)

Leonard Garcia > Jens Pulver > BJ Penn > Matt Hughes > GSP > Michael Bisping > Matt Hamill > Jon Jones > Daniel Cormier > Stipe Miocic > JDS > Mirko Cro Cop > Kazushi Sakuraba > Rampage Jackson > Chuck Liddell > Randy Couture > Vitor Belfort > Luke Rockhold > Chris Weidman > Anderson Silva > Dan Henderson > Fedor Emelianenko.

There you have it. Leonard Garcia is the greatest to ever do it.
I believe your methodology has a flaw.
You have BJ Penn > Matt Hughes
BJ has 2 wins vs 1 loss head to head with Hughes. You have Hughes > GSP yet GSP has 2 wins vs Hughes 1 win in head to head. You also have BJ two spots ahead of GSP when GSP is 2-0 head to head. Your formula is flawed. Try again.

All wins are not created equally, so I'm not much on that being the 'be all end all' deciding factor. I know you have to start somewhere, but ranking the wins on merit needs to be part of the equation in my opinion.

Assign a number 1-5 for each win based on strength of opponent. Rank losses 1-5 based on how big of a loss it was. Add point totals for wins and subtract point totals for losses to get an overall number for each fighter. Highest overall point total is goat.

All wins are not created equally, so I'm not much on that being the 'be all end all' deciding factor. I know you have to start somewhere, but ranking the wins on merit needs to be part of the equation in my opinion.

Assign a number 1-5 for each win based on strength of opponent. Rank losses 1-5 based on how big of a loss it was. Add point totals for wins and subtract point totals for losses to get an overall number for each fighter. Highest overall point total is goat.

I barely had enough time to put plus signs in

A win is a win is a win tho in a sport where one punch can F you up

Challenge my stats
Travis Fulton has a 27 fight win streak, 40 fight win streak, a 24 fight win streak. He must be the greatest right? Until you look at his competition.

Additionally frequency of fighting slows at the highest levels. Fedor is one to look at. He was undefeated from 2001-2010 over 27 fights but his level of competition ranged from top level fighters like Big Nog, Cro Cop, Randleman to cans like Ogawa, Nagata, Valavicius, Haseman, Takada and more. Many sub .500 fighters.

GSP is 26-2 and defeated every fighter he has faced. He has zero sub .500 opponents. Most of his fights were title fights. His opponents during his 13 fight win streak were all top 5 in the world at the time and 12 of those were title fights. 9 defenses in a row with no cans.

Figures can lie and liars can figure.

Travis Fulton has a 27 fight win streak, 40 fight win streak, a 24 fight win streak. He must be the greatest right? Until you look at his competition.

Additionally frequency of fighting slows at the highest levels. Fedor is one to look at. He was undefeated from 2001-2010 over 27 fights but his level of competition ranged from top level fighters like Big Nog, Cro Cop, Randleman to cans like Ogawa, Nagata, Valavicius, Haseman, Takada and more. Many sub .500 fighters.

GSP is 26-2 and defeated every fighter he has faced. He has zero sub .500 opponents. Most of his fights were title fights. His opponents during his 13 fight win streak were all top 5 in the world at the time and 12 of those were title fights. 9 defenses in a row with no cans.

Figures can lie and liars can figure.

The ole Travis Fulton Defence

Everyone on my list did most of their fights in UFC/PRIDE so I'm not counting him

Stopped reading when I saw Lesnar and Conor’s names.
<DisgustingHHH>

I don't have words.

I wanna go back to 2015 too bro I do. But damm.

Stopped reading when I saw Lesnar and Conor’s names.
<DisgustingHHH>

I'm going to add anyone on the list I see people throw the goat tagline at

This kind of proves their anti-goat stance

Win streaks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Renan Barão
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Fedor ~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Khabib ~
++++++++++++++++++++ Cyborg
++++++++++++++++++ Aldo
+++++++++++++++++ Silva
+++++++++++++++ DC ~
+++++++++++++++ Conor ~
++++++++++++++ JONES
+++++++++++++ GSP ~
+++++++++++++ Mighty Mouse ~
+++++++++++++ Cruz ~
++++++++++++ Rousey
++++ Lesnar

Streak Length in Years

+++++++++++++ Cyborg
++++++++++ Renan Barão ~
++++++++++ Khabib ~
++++++++ Fedor ~
++++++++ Aldo ~
++++++++ Jones ~
++++++++ Cruz ~
++++++ Silva ~
++++++ GSP ~
+++++ DC ~
+++++ Mighty Mouse ~
+++++ Rousey ~
+++++ Conor ~
++ Lesnar

Title Defenses

[coming soon

actually you know what if you could just tell me the answers it would save me some time]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

someone else give me stats and I'll update - the more information you feed me the more comprehensive I can make this list so we can analyze the data together

It's a start right

Not counting no contests against streaks

I barely had enough time to put plus signs in

A win is a win is a win tho in a sport where one punch can F you up
No disrespect. Other than one critique, I've put zero effort into this haha. But look at the names associated with Barao's wins and then look at all of his recent losses. If he's at the top of a goat list, there's a flaw somewhere imo. Like I said, you have to start somewhere. Just wanted to give some (hopefully) constructive criticism.

No disrespect. Other than one critique, I've put zero effort into this haha. But look at the names associated with Barao's wins and then look at all of his recent losses. If he's at the top of a goat list, there's a flaw somewhere imo. Like I said, you have to start somewhere. Just wanted to give some (hopefully) constructive criticism.

Well I wanted to get other stats together like most defenses of titles and etc in time to compare everything

Julio Cezar Neves belongs on this list as well. He started off like 30 - 0.

Julio Cezar Neves belongs on this list as well. He started off like 30 - 0.

Like I didn't say

Most fights have to be in Pride/UFC to count

Well I wanted to get other stats together like most defenses of titles and etc in time to compare everything
Makes sense. I'll just stfu since I'm not adding any real value to the discussion at this point haha. Appreciate your work though.

Nice work TS, but quality of competition during said streak is the most important qualifier. Jon Jones = GOAT

Nice work TS, but quality of competition during said streak is the most important qualifier. Jon Jones = GOAT

More quality competition maybe but more suspect natural competitiveness

Half a dozen to one and two dozen to the other as they say

I don't know how that goes

Back