Simple cutting/bulking question

Urban said:
It's not really a false statement as it is. Protein is not stored as fat. fat is stored as fat. Protein may be turned into fat for energy storage (when caloric surplus is present), but to my knowledge this is NOT storing protein and it won't be changed back. Somebody back be up on this.
I am more than positive if the protein is not in need of rebuilding muscle or energy it will be urinated out.

THat is why you consume excessive amount of protein, you will become extremely thirsty.

Or

the protein is broken down and can turn into fat.

Not sure which one.

Urban said:
It's not really a false statement as it is. Protein is not stored as fat. fat is stored as fat. Protein may be turned into fat for energy storage (when caloric surplus is present), but to my knowledge this is NOT storing protein and it won't be changed back. Somebody back be up on this.
Yes. Simply put excess calories are converted to fat and they can't be converted back.

I'd go for losing the fat first: increase your cardio workouts, improve your diet. And don't neglect the weights because if you do, you'll probably end up losing some muscle.

I say bulk first cut later. It's easier to put on muscle when you're a bit heavy (provided you're eating right, cause you're already eating enough) than it is while your staying trim. Now a bunch of people are going to chime in and say something like: I put on 300 lbs of lean mass without ever going over 5% body fat. And while it IS possible to bulk up while staying lean, it's most often more difficult.

IMHO Bulk now, cut later. if you bulk up to 205 keeping your bodyfat where it is, you can cut down to 185 and have th lean mass that you want. plus eating more is fun.

Back