Simon Marcus blasting "afraid, cowardly" Levin

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by jj manchester, Feb 9, 2016.

1. jj manchester

jj manchester Internets. Serious Business.

not quite sure how Marcus feels about Levin ... seems ambiguous

Marcus: “Cowardly Artem Levin was afraid to fight me”

2. FokaiMuayThai

FokaiMuayThai MOO TAI LEGENDARY

As much as I enjoy Levin and his slick style I have agree with Simon on this one.

Levin's fighting is much more suited to kickboxing than Simon's is, yet Levin ended up being the one initiating all the clinches and stalling the fight.

The ironic thing is that before the fight Levin said on multiple occasions that Simon is boring and clinches too much and then he ends up doing exactly what he claimed was boring.

Simon was trying to bring the fight at kickboxing range, and he was doing it under a ruleset he wasn't used to, so all the credit to him for that.

They should just fight eachother under Muay Thai rules, seeing them fight in Glory was painful to watch.

3. Liveforever67

Liveforever67 Green Belt

I have to agree with Marcus as well.
    I have followed Levin, Marcus and Schilling for years...seen all their fights and many of them live in person.
    Was actually rooting for Levin against Marcus but....Simon clearly won that fight IMO.

I'll be cheering for Simon live in Chicago.
    Also SOOOOO pumped to see Schilling has been added to the card!!!! WAR SCHILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. oyvindt

oyvindt Purple Belt

5. panzer723

panzer723 Banned Banned

wow! just wow! that's goong through artem's mind?

6. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

Also JJ just like glory can ask the officials not be used they can also petition the athletic commissions to use an official that glory would like. I believe that Glory petitioned to have Al Wichgers licensed and used on one of their california events. Which goes against every thing you claim and also shows the influence glory really has over the officials all while claiming they can do nothing and have no power which is a complete lie

7. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

my dumbass posted that last message in the wrong thread

8. SimcoeMartialArts

SimcoeMartialArts @SMAKickboxing (Twitter)

There is so much I could say about that fight in Chicago.... So so so much.... But I'm going to stick with this.... I would have LOVED to watch these two Nak Muays fight under THAI rules!!!! Like it was stated earlier, watching them fight in GLORY was painful.... Very very painful... I get that they know the rules and they decide to fight in the organization but I'd love to see Glory bring in elbow strikes and possibly a little more clinch action. Maybe an 8 second rule... Just my two cents.

9. Shadess

Shadess ...

I would love to see some kickboxing at Rajadamnern or maybe in the UFC.

SuperLuigi and Julius_Caesar like this.
  10. SimcoeMartialArts

I can't help but take that as a shot at my comment by you thinking I want Glory to use Thai rules when it's a kickboxing organization..? If so we can have the debate but be a little more clear lol. There's many many forms of kickboxing and Glory already brings in a bit of the Thai style by allowing clinching with knee strikes and the leg kicks. I'm just saying allow the clinch to be used a little longer if it is being used as an offensive tactic and not to rest or stop an opponent from hitting you and who doesn't like a nice bloody elbow brawl once in a while!! If you weren't directing your comment towards me well..... There's plenty kickboxing in those 2 places lol.

11. Shadess

Shadess ...

Thought I was being pretty clear.

Never understand these requests for a promotion to change a sport really. Glory isn't muay thai. If you like muay thai, watch muay thai. There's plenty of it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    SuperLuigi likes this.
  12. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

A better point to make would be to say you'd like to see them rematch in Lion Fight again, which is a legitimate request.

13. SimcoeMartialArts

What's glory then? It's Glory style kickboxing.... Just like K1 is K1 style kickboxing... I don't want to see Muay Thai in Glory or I would have said full clinch, throws, tosses after catching the leg. Driving after catching the leg etc. Glory made its own rules. It's not rule specific of any certain martial art. Original American kickboxing doesn't allow leg kicks so why does Glory? I also would have requested a rematch in lion but being friends with a couple people who have fought in Lion I'm not a fan of the way they run the organization. I'll stick to watching my Muay Thai from Thailand.

14. SimcoeMartialArts

To further back up my argument. Glory pays the most. Way more then ANY Muay Thai organization and removes so many of the tools a Muay Thai fighter has. I understand it would make other martial arts at a disadvantage but that just makes me happy by telling me the art I have a passion for is so good we need a handicap to fight on the biggest stage!!

15. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

Glory comes from the lineage of K-1/Japanese kickboxing, which since K-1 happened is almost always what people mean when they say kickboxing. Glory has some small rule tweaks that differentiate it but nothing as significant as adding elbow strikes. What you are describing is more like a KB-MT hybrid. If some other org decided to have those rules it would be cool and all, but I think Glory should stick to their roots.

Snubnoze707 and Mafanofe like this.
  16. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

Their first fight was borin even when MT rules(with both having the clinch allowed who is what prejudiced both of kickboxing fights they had)

But well,if i had to see a fight of these two again(i really dont want,even with an highly controversial shits who happened)would be in Muay thai rules,they cant match on a kickboxing ring,both showed they can fight kickboxing,but not against each other.

17. Liveforever67

Liveforever67 Green Belt

Turns out that levin is the COWARDLY "lion". Who honestly quits during a fight due to sh** ref calls?!
    Can anyone name a champion who just quit?

18. Shadess

Shadess ...

There was no point fighting till the end. The ref took any possibility of a win other than with KO away from him.

If he had fought till the end and made a protest I bet you they would have at most said "oh well the count was bad but that was only 1 point deduction, you lost 2 more so it didn't really affect the result in the end". ...while it was what started the whole fiasco.

By leaving at least he drew a bit more attention to it.

Still wondering why nobody that I've seen at least is really talking about the protest. We've seen commissions suck ass often and only do the right thing when publicly pressured into doing it.

SuperLuigi and Mafanofe like this.
  19. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

what do you expect? Every glory event their has been terrible riffing and judging. Then after every event someone's team files a protest and nothing happens. Go listen to glory's interview with big mike passiner on the monumental run around they gave him. The only time these "commissions" do the "right thing" is when the original decision is against their financial backers.