Silver nitrate for nose bleeds?

Mr uppercut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So I heard silver nitrate is an option for treating nosebleeds by burning of the blood vessels. But is this only temporary? Like will it actually work for years or is it a temporary solution because I heard people say the blood vessels will grow back.

Also how long do I have to wait after getting the treatment to spar or actually fight again?

It only works if you apply it anally.

I had it done. You'll probably still have nosebleeds after. But much less, the trick is applying a good amount of Vaseline inside the nostril before sparring.

That does the trick for me

I had it done. You'll probably still have nosebleeds after. But much less, the trick is applying a good amount of Vaseline inside the nostril before sparring.

That does the trick for me

But how long do you have to wait after having the silver nitrate applied?

I would be highly against using silver nitrate. I remember using it in organic chemistry labs for chemical reactions and that its toxic and can stain skin and clothing.

I would only use it under direct doctor supervision and for emergencies.

Snorting warm salt water is the old school remedy. I would try that before messing with silver nitrate.

Well I have tried every homemade remedy there is, from snorting salt water to iced water, to getting hit in the nose everyday to "season" my nose.

Nothing had worked so far, so I guess this IS my last option.

Well I have tried every homemade remedy there is, from snorting salt water to iced water, to getting hit in the nose everyday to "season" my nose.

Nothing had worked so far, so I guess this IS my last option.

I used to have trouble with nose bleeds as well. The salt water helped, but mostly a change in my approach to fighting helped. I hate to sound like a prick, but not getting hit in the nose is the only 100% cure.

Is it that every time you get tapped your nose bleeds? If so you might wanna see a doctor. You could have a fractured nose that never healed properly. If you're an amateur they can't use anything in competition to help you out and they will definitely stop a fight if you get a gusher.

Back