Silva wants UFC to rethink stance on TRT

Reminder, even Mark Hunt was in favour of TRT before his crusade against cheaters

I could at least entertain the idea of a 'Masters Division' for fighters over 38-40 y.o., where TRT is allowed.

What happens today is that a lot of those fighters are competing in Bellator and whatnot, but the UFC might want to hold on on established names.

But there's no way I'd want fighters on TRT to be competing in the "normal division".
I'm definitely against a 36 y.o. TRT fighter competing against a supposedly clean 31y.o. (or whatever) for the title. It's bullshit.

Anderson pretty much doesnt need it ...but almost everybody else could... the fact that liddell has come back to fight is just sad and shouldnt be but money sucks in the UFC so he cant retire.. and most UFC fighters cant even get a normal job.
Isn't Chuck already made over $10mil, where all the money went? that is a lot of money compared to other less successful fighters.

Isn't Chuck already made over $10mil, where all the money went? that is a lot of money compared to other less successful fighters.
i dont think he came back cos of money

TRT should be legal for fighter above 40.

I think that makes things fair. A natural 42 year old fighting a natural 25 year old... is NOT fair.

trt gsp vs trt silva

winner gets trt vitor

the winner of that gets fedor

they will do 1M PPVs each

I could at least entertain the idea of a 'Masters Division' for fighters over 38-40 y.o., where TRT is allowed.

What happens today is that a lot of those fighters are competing in Bellator and whatnot, but the UFC might want to hold on on established names.

But there's no way I'd want fighters on TRT to be competing in the "normal division".
I'm definitely against a 36 y.o. TRT fighter competing against a supposedly clean 31y.o. (or whatever) for the title. It's bullshit.
No no no

This is a young mans game. If old ass fighters could use trt,and fought well,casuals would demand they fight the best of the era.

If you are old and cant fight good anymore,then thats it! End of story.

This is like andersons version of "its just business"

Really sad to hear him say this shit,so goddamed lame.

TRT should be legal for fighter above 40.

I think that makes things fair. A natural 42 year old fighting a natural 25 year old... is NOT fair.
?????
If its not fair then get the fuck out,your old.

TRT ain't roid's you're just maintaining ability you used to have. It's correcting the unfairness of father time and allows us to see fighters from different generations fight each other at their peak. Vitor and Hendo were putting in their best stretches of their career 15 years in cause of this stuff and honestly that's good for the sport, if all the champs stick around till they are 40 and are competitve every champ will be the best.
Its NOT good for the sport. They had their time and they need to make way for the next gen not stand in the way of it.

Its NOT good for the sport. They had their time and they need to make way for the next gen not stand in the way of it.
Lets not pretend the sport is clean in the first place. Jones, the most dominant fighter in the sport ever, with every natural advantage was caught pissing hot multiple times. He doesn't need it yet it is routinely in his system.

By not having it in the sport athletes are denied access to supplements that would allow them to heal quicker. A senior league which allows TRT changes that and allows the opportunity for super fights.

Lets not pretend the sport is clean in the first place. Jones, the most dominant fighter in the sport ever, with every natural advantage was caught pissing hot multiple times. He doesn't need it yet it is routinely in his system.

By not having it in the sport athletes are denied access to supplements that would allow them to heal quicker. A senior league which allows TRT changes that and allows the opportunity for super fights.
Fuck the senior league. It will never work. The casuals will just want somebody like vitor to face the best of the now era and the money involved with these situations will cause havoc. Just alot more of " well everyone else uses so why not throw this rule in the fuckin trash too?" I cant get behind that mentality and i never will. Mma is a tough sport,and if you cant hang cos you got old,tough shit,thats life. Its just like anything else.

Tyron woodley is 36. Hes the champion. If he said what anderson just said all of you hypocrites would tear him apart. But your arguments seem to support him using trt. He could well hold onto that belt for years to come. and what then? If he loses the belt at 38 he can enter your cheating grandpas division? Lmao

Tyron woodley is 36. Hes the champion. If he said what anderson just said all of you hypocrites would tear him apart.
Well I would like to see Woodley go on TRT then train with Mike Tyson for a year then face Jon Jones and the winner of that fight face an adult male Chimpanzee.

Romero and Cormier would be the absolute kings of the Masters division!!

Romero and Cormier would be the absolute kings of the Masters division!!
Cormier was champ champ without it. Romero came within a nut hair of winning the mw belt. People should be fine with that.

Back