Silva wants UFC to rethink stance on TRT

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by estranged, Jan 10, 2019.

1. VIPERdude

VIPERdude Red Belt

Prediction. The answer to TRT is no. Its not gonna change. Dana wont book him in these "big fights" he wants either SO when Adesanya beats Anderson he will go to Bellator and fight a third fight with Chael Sonnen in which Chael will win.

HumanSandwich and -Magua- like this.
  2. WingsLax9042

WingsLax9042 Purple Belt

I'd much rather watch LTFC over UFC any day. Fuck yeah.

Legends TRT Fighting Championship

One card every 2-3 months... Stack the shit out of it... PPV.

You know, what the PPV model was MOTHERFUCKING INTENDED FOR.

aerius, SKILLBILL, Eusung and 2 others like this.
  3. HaulParris

HaulParris Gold Belt

Nice. Even without the shoop, TRTrex Vitor wearing a NASCAR outfit is a spectacle.

Frank McEdgar likes this.
  4. Bumblebeef

Bumblebeef Brown Belt

“There are some athletes who need to make use of the hormonal replacement,” Silva said. “I think, if USADA regulated that, we’d have the sport at a high level, with athletes who have stopped fighting. Vitor, for example"

LMAO

Chitaouri likes this.
  5. 20falarVerdades

20falarVerdades Red Belt

Lol you are so mad now that Jon Jones has been confirmed the GOAT even by his most fervent haters

ermac88 likes this.
  6. Krixes

Krixes Black Belt

I don't blame him, dudes old as shit for a fighter. Plus I miss TRT Vitor.

Verace likes this.
  7. tibba

tibba Orange Belt

Ridiculous. Wanting trt to be able to fight longer , if it becomes legal there will be so many fewer new fighters able to make the top 10. Goodluck fighting someone with 2 decades experience fighting who doesn't even slow down .

The only benifit to being a young fighter is raw athletic ability. the ability to train harder and for longer. . Yet you want to remove the only benifits of youth while you yourself are literally taking something that allows you the same benifits of youth ... this is iinsane.

Trt would not make it a more level playing field.... it will tilt it even more so to those with the experience.

Good lord look at the average ages already for the ufc. We are finally slowly beginning the changing of the guard. If trt is allowed..... smh i already struggle with the age of some of the guys fighting , why create a system where it will be completely normal to watch two 40+ year olds fighting. Foolish imo

8. Metal Halide

Metal Halide Yellow Belt

"To make it fair, we have weight classes, but that's not enough! we also need AGE class... no no no, we oldies needs TRT"

~ Anderson "IZ NORMUR" Silva & Vitor "Crane Kick Eater" Belfort

9. drbolony

drbolony Snake Season

Nah, just cringing reading the words of a keyboard rat.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  10. MMA4Life

MMA4Life Brown Belt

Scrolled down waiting for this post...Big Spider Silva fan and he is 43 turning 44 in April so he probably would have lower t levels just based on his age. But this isn’t a good look. <6>

BiGWHOMPS likes this.
  11. Vincentsky

Vincentsky Orange Belt

Can somebody who understands the topic explain this please. What is wrong with TRT ? Isn’t it just replacing the same levels of T that the body would normally produce if it wasn’t for aging ? If so it would be considered a performance enhancing susbstance since it’s not enhancing anythingor giving an edge right ?!

12. djason1988

djason1988 Brown Belt

Actually down for that, with stipulations. There'd have to be an age restriction (say 35 or 40and up) and the test levels would have to be strictly monitored. Like only USADA drs could actually administer the treatments, or something.

Morax likes this.
  13. MMA4Life

MMA4Life Brown Belt

Pretty sure your cleared to take Tylenol and Aspirin Andy...Man where was Ed Soares to “translate” for this one....<6>

14. Damon3388

Damon3388 Purple Belt

Retirement should be mandatory for all fighters over 40. Come @ me.

15. MMA4Life

MMA4Life Brown Belt

The guys who got the exemption. I’ll single out Vitor didn’t just use it to get a normal level he got the exemption and then had crazy high levels. You may have heard or saw TRT Vitor he may have ruined for other people who just wanted “normal levels”. I’ve heard many times on this site that if one stops using gear then they would need TRT because it affects the natural production of it. Idk not a steroid expert. A quick google of “Vitor Belfort high T levels” would probably do the trick.

16. Vincentsky

Vincentsky Orange Belt

I know about TRT Vitor wasn’t he also on roids ?

MMA4Life likes this.
  17. Damon3388

Damon3388 Purple Belt

Well, how do you establish what an individual's original baseline (before the age-related "drop") was? What's to say that replacement doesn't enhance them beyond their natural levels?

IMO, depleted testosterone levels are the same as anything else "lost" due to age (speed, quickness, etc.). I'm OK with people using the stuff, as long as they're not fighting professionally.

Perhaps these guys just need to admit they're getting old, have lost what they once had, and retire, just like most athletes do in their mid-late 30s.

That brings up another question though - Why do combat sports athletes seem to try to "hang on" longer than other athletes? Boxing and MMA would have to have a higher percentage of people still participating at 35+ as any professional sport, theoretically past their physical prime.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    MMA4Life likes this.
  18. IrritatedTomcat

IrritatedTomcat Black Belt

GOATs don't test positive multiple times and call out smaller guys like GSP and CONOR MCGREGOR and then ask for TRT to be legal again.

aerius likes this.
  19. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

When Anderson Silva first joined UFC and wrecked Chris Leben and Rich Franklin with seemingly zero resistance, he was skinny and scrawny like a 155'er. Why does he need TRT now?

20. Damon3388

Damon3388 Purple Belt

I'm certain he was on roids back in his teens. Have a look at his body and physical strength and speed circa 1997.

Vincentsky likes this.