Silva wants UFC to rethink stance on TRT

Longer careers usually lead to more injuries and head trauma. TRT can make your knee feel better but it doesn’t reconstruct tissue in your brain. I think fighters should be paid more so they can retire earlier.
That is the real issue. They should honestly be required to get some sort of brain scan that tracks their head injuries and once they cross a threshold be barred from competing.

Longer careers usually lead to more injuries and head trauma. TRT can make your knee feel better but it doesn’t reconstruct tissue in your brain. I think fighters should be paid more so they can retire earlier.

The problem with paying fighters more is that they have proven the more they get paid, the less they fight during their prime.

Notice how many contenders fight 3-5 times a year .... they become champion and then all the sudden start fighting 2 or 1 times a year at best.

I want fighters to be paid but at the same time ... I kinda miss when they didn't make much money per fight thus they accepted more fights more often.

Look at 10K Nate Diaz and how much he fought compared to 2 million dollar Diaz.

I DIG

Thediamondhack+used+roll+picturethediamondhack+rolled+image+_db0f56e9a8ed554ed8b3edff850fea68.jpg

The problem with paying fighters more is that they have proven the more they get paid, the less they fight during their prime.

Notice how many contenders fight 3-5 times a year .... they become champion and then all the sudden start fighting 2 or 1 times a year at best.

I want fighters to be paid but at the same time ... I kinda miss when they didn't make much money per fight thus they accepted more fights more often.

Look at 10K Nate Diaz and how much he fought compared to 2 million dollar Diaz.
So pay them less and feed them TRT is your solution? I disagree.
Champions shouldn't fight more than twice a year.

We are just spoiled by the non testing era. People aren't really suppose to fight past a certain age. It's part of getting old, you need to bow out. It's a bit sad that Anderson lost a chunk of his earlier career not under the spotlight of a big promotion but his time is over.

The majority do

Do they?

2018 champions defending their titles:
Whitaker - 1
Woodley - 1
Ferguson - 0 as champ .. had to relinquish
Khabib - 1 as champ, had another fight as contender for the title.
Holloway - 1
Dillashaw - 1
DJ - 1
Cejudo - 0 as champ
Namajunas - 1
Nunes - 1 defense, 1 going for the title above her weight which it seems she will never defend.

Stipe defended 2 times
Cyborg defended 2 times
Cormier was the busiest champ overall with defending both belts 1 time each and winning the HW title for 3 full fights. I'lll cut him slack for not defending either belt twice since he defended both for 2 title defenses in total even if its different titles.

Bonus - Jon Jones has averaged a perfect 1 fight a year for the last 5 years.

So where is this majority of champions fighting 2 times a year? Only 3 put their titles on the line more than once last year.

Do they?

2018 champions defending their titles:
Whitaker - 1
Woodley - 1
Ferguson - 0 as champ .. had to relinquish
Khabib - 1 as champ, had another fight as contender for the title.
Holloway - 1
Dillashaw - 1
DJ - 1
Cejudo - 0 as champ
Namajunas - 1
Nunes - 1 defense, 1 going for the title above her weight which it seems she will never defend.

Stipe defended 2 times
Cyborg defended 2 times
Cormier was the busiest champ overall with defending both belts 1 time each and winning the HW title for 3 full fights. I'lll cut him slack for not defending either belt twice since he defended both for 2 title defenses in total even if its different titles.

Bonus - Jon Jones has averaged a perfect 1 fight a year for the last 5 years.

So where is this majority of champions fighting 2 times a year? Only 3 put their titles on the line more than once last year.
DC fought 3 times in 2018
Jones fought once but was suspended all year.
Whittaker was injured. Fought twice in 2017.
Woodley was injured. Fought three times in 8 months prior to that.
Khabib fought twice in 2018.
Holloway pulled out against his first match up with Ortega and the late replacement fight against Khabib. Had fought 3 times in a year prior to that.
Dillashaw fought once.
Cejudo fought once in 2018, but 3 times in a year prior to that.
Cyborg fought twice.
Nunes fought twice.
Shevchenko fought twice.
Namajunas fought once.

What is your solution? Less money more roids?

DC fought 3 times in 2018
Jones fought once but was suspended all year.
Whittaker was injured. Fought twice in 2017.
Woodley was injured. Fought three times in 8 months prior to that.
Khabib fought twice in 2018.
Holloway pulled out against his first match up with Ortega and the late replacement fight against Khabib. Had fought 3 times in a year prior to that.
Dillashaw fought once.
Cejudo fought once in 2018, but 3 times in a year prior to that.
Cyborg fought twice.
Nunes fought twice.
Shevchenko fought twice.
Namajunas fought once.

What is your solution? Less money more roids?

What part of "after they become champion" do you not comprehend?

Back