Silva vs Liddell.... This is an instant classic

<LikeReally5>

Its MMA, not kickboxing.

Blame Wand for having horrible takedown defense.

Chuck had two losses before that fight, and its better to not take any chances in risking a 3rd.
I would shit on Wand too if he took down Liddell.

I would shit on Wand too if he took down Liddell.

2007 just called, it wants its 'Just Bleed' stupidity back.

Keep in mind that a fighter's highest priority is to WIN. Every fighter that doesn't know that, and fights like it, has never been a champion.

Chuck Liddell "I'm gonna knock him out"

3rd rounds begins, shoots for an immediate takedown...
Actually the TD was right at the end of the fight. Playing to the judges obviously, but he already had the fight in the bag IMO. WAN
dropped. Wandy dropped him twice but Chuck was immediately back to his feet on both occasions and smashed Wandy in their exchanges. I remember Wanderlei looking like his face had been through a meat grinder. It was like 13 years ago, so my memory isn't fresh with this fight. I definitely thought Chuck won at the time.

Both had lost their belts in bad ways though so the fight was eventually waaaaay less significant. Should have happened 3 years earlier.

Prime Wand KOs any version of Chuck
Prime-v-prime Chuck stops Wanderlei. Better chin, better power, natural counter-puncher. He'd hurt Wand and finish him, or coast to a decision. Not a hard fight to call at all.

Actually the TD was right at the end of the fight. Playing to the judges obviously, but he already had the fight in the bag IMO. WAN
dropped. Wandy dropped him twice but Chuck was immediately back to his feet on both occasions and smashed Wandy in their exchanges. I remember Wanderlei looking like his face had been through a meat grinder. It was like 13 years ago, so my memory isn't fresh with this fight. I definitely thought Chuck won at the time.

Both had lost their belts in bad ways though so the fight was eventually waaaaay less significant. Should have happened 3 years earlier.
I'm pretty sure he landed at TD at the end of the 2nd, a round he was losing, and then immediately to start the 3rd. He may have gotten one at the end of the 3rd, but the previous 2 stick out in my mind because nobody thought a single TD would've been attempted.

2007 just called, it wants its 'Just Bleed' stupidity back.

Keep in mind that a fighter's highest priority is to WIN. Every fighter that doesn't know that, and fights like it, has never been a champion.
Yeah 2 deadly strikers grappling is not a let down.

Yeah 2 deadly strikers grappling is not a let down.

If it was 3 rounds of grappling, you'd have a point. But it was two minutes at the beginning of the 3rd round.

Its been 12 years.

Get over it.

You think Wandy in Pride was tested to the same standards that anyone in the UFC was?

Much more than Pride did. Cmon man. You’re reaching here. The roid monsters that Pride was serving up were so blatant it’s not even an argument. I thought this was common knowledge.
I dont think anyone in pride was tested to the same standards because use of PEDs wasnt against the pride rule set.....if its not against the rules its not cheating.....its not even a talking point....

also...the UFC never did the testing back then, athletic commissions did and they barely cared to the point that anyone actively trying to circumnavigate them .... pretty much did........in todays landscape people ((jones/brock)) get busted for PEDs and allowed to compete...or are allowed to go around the 1year of testing procedure also worth mentioning is the "sanctioned juicing" that some were allowed with the TrT BS((and again...some allowed but not others))....the same thing that has always gone on still goes on....its just more of a shell game now......

the real difference is that now ((under unified rules)) its against the rules....therefore its cheating, that only some can get away with it even when getting caught...makes it even worse

Wand won that fight. How do you knock someone down twice and lose?

Liddell's takedown in the 3rd round might be the most cowardly takedown ever attempted by striker who promises a knockout.

Idgaf what anyone says. Wand won that.

If it was 3 rounds of grappling, you'd have a point. But it was two minutes at the beginning of the 3rd round.

Its been 12 years.

Get over it.
I'm over it. Did I say Wand won?

Stop quoting me & get over it. Playing the "educated mma fan" doesn't suit you.

Wand won that fight. How do you knock someone down twice and lose?

Liddell's takedown in the 3rd round might be the most cowardly takedown ever attempted by striker who promises a knockout.

Idgaf what anyone says. Wand won that.
It's MMA herp-derp...well-rounded...takedowns at the end of the rd...very exciting.

It's MMA herp-derp...well-rounded...takedowns at the end of the rd...very exciting.

Yea maybe if we are watching GSP or Rory Macdonald..

Not fucking Wand vs Liddell - two career brawlers

That takedown by Liddell was straight cowardly given who him and Wand are as fighters

There were a few moments where Wand had great connections with Chuck's chin but Joe Rogan instantly said that those were slips or some shit iirc (was a very long time ago), that might've influenced the judges.
Judges don’t hear the commentary

Chuck 100% won that fight. He out struck Wand each round. The 2 slips/ knockdowns were just about all the success Wand had. If anything the only round conceivable of a 10-8 was rd 3 for Liddell.

Yes.

You cannot judge wand soley on that.The issues he had when making the jump over cant be blamed on that.

He had been knocked out twice by Crocop and Hendo in back to back fights in PRIDE. Took a beating against chuck in a fight where he elected not to throw kicks for whatever reason.Beat up jardine, Then was koed by rampage. I dunno about you but your chin cannot be the same after those 3 out cold knock outs.

He did look smaller in UFC,but then he just cut to MW. However I think more than anything the injuries age and cracked chin took their toll. We still saw flashes of his old homicidal aggression in a few fights.

People always show the wandy gif where he fought saku the 2nd time,where he is CLEARLY pumped up on roids,but seriously,he didnt always look like that. That was like Overeem in the Brock fight. You cant always be that humongously big hahaha
Good point about his KO losses adding up.

Back