Silva vs Griffin : The best performance witnessed inside the octagon ?

Yeah, it was great, but Forrest quit early on when he knew he couldn't win, and things got embarrassing.

GSP vs. Trigg was probably my pick for greatest performance. Trigg was coming off of losing to Hughes, and GSP had lost to Hughes before, but the way GSP dismantled Trigg let people know that he was a serious threat to Hughes.

Undeniable.

And this is a guy who was LHW champ not long before this fight.

Well, Forrest was champion, but he got fast tracked for a title shot, and got some breaks along the way. He beat Rampage in a very close fight, that was controversial, and Shogun was hurt when they fought, and beating Shogun made people forget that he had gotten KTFO by Jardine.

I really dont think what griffin brought that night was enough to warrant calling this one of the best performances ever. Allegedly he was knocked out twice in training,and looked very slow. Probably anderson still beats him but man,i felt griffin was better than what he showed in this fight.

Could easily be. At the moment, Silva was coming from those lackluster performances and people thought that Griffin would give him a really tough match.

Guilty of this. I remember saying to people "Forrest isn't just going to stand there and be clowned by Silva, he's going to put the pressure on him!". So yeah.

Well, Forrest was champion, but he got fast tracked for a title shot, and got some breaks along the way. He beat Rampage in a very close fight, that was controversial, and Shogun was hurt when they fought, and beating Shogun made people forget that he had gotten KTFO by Jardine.

I think his win against QJ was great. His gameplan was the only way he could beat rampage and he pulled it off.

It was a mistmatch.

If you fight an exhibition level opponent you can pull off exhibition level techniques.

That was a pretty incredible performance, I didnt expect that

It probably is.

Speaking of this year, Dillashaw vs Barao II was a great display of skills against top opponent.

TJ completely outclassed him everywhere and finished in spectacular fashion AGAIN. That was awesome.

Fedor / CroCop... two top hw's at the peak of their prime, no injuries, no excuses, each guy showcasing their strengths throughout the fight. Very high level fight. Best performances of all time from two of the best ever.

Jones / Shogun IMO. Seeing someone dominate Shogun like that was unreal

Sherdoggers will continue to downplay that fight because

1. Anderson, a MW, was able to do what Rampage, Shogun, and Rashad couldn't

2. It was so flawless they need to make excuses for Forrest

And then people bring up GSP/TRIGG? :icon_lol:

"Griffin was an easy style match-up for Anderson"

If an ex-champion at LHW is an easy match-up for Anderson then the LHW division must've been TERRIBLE.

Fedor / CroCop... two top hw's at the peak of their prime, no injuries, no excuses, each guy showcasing their strengths throughout the fight. Very high level fight. Best performances of all time from two of the best ever.

That wasn't in the octagon and CroCop isn't the best anything.

That wasn't in the octagon and CroCop isn't the best anything.

lol at excluding non-octagon fights. CroCop was a great fighter and one of the best hw's of all time and you know it.

took too long imho
- Yamamoto vs Miyata
- Makwan vs Ogle
- Fedor vs Zulu
Dont get hit and finish your fight asap. Less you need shit like time or judges, the better. I cant understand peoples who say JDS - Cain.

All true.

Really it was just proof that those who had convinced themselves MW was the weakest division because Anderson was dominant were wrong. LHW was just as weak and Anderson proved it by pasting recent former champ Forrest more comprehensively than champ Rashad, former champ Rampage or future champ Shogun had been able to.

I actually thought his fights against Franklin were better. I also enjoyed his KO of Irvin.
I thought Brock v Mir II was pretty flawless...GSP v Hughes III, GSP v Sierra II....
Machieda v Evans..very impressive and Randy v Timmy all those years ago was a brilliant victory

Back