Silva vs Diaz : best outcome for UFC?

They want a close enough fight they can have a couple more rematches between the two

The UFc wants one of two things:
Anderson to KO Nick badly early in the fight
or Anderson winning a back and forth war that is a classic.

Agreed. From a personal perspective, they'd probably love to see Option #1. From a business perspective they'd probably prefer option #2.

Oh I don't think they'll throw him away. I just don't think they will offer him the kind of money he's looking for and he won't take the fights. I do think he'll be back, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes another extended break. On the other hand, if he makes a really good showing and it's a close competitive fight, he could just as easily raise his stock back up. People will always have a soft spot for Nick Diaz. I know I do. I'd love to see him come out and really give Andy a run for his money.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I just don't know how he can beat Andy. The only thing has on his side is a cardio advantage. But when someone is bigger/heavier that kinda goes out the window if there's grappling and clinch work. The only way I see nick winning is pulling a condit in round 1 and 2 and then just throwing like crazy in 3,4,5 and taking a decision.

Best Outcome: Diaz Wins, gets welterweight title fight, wins title, GSP comes out of retirement, fights Diaz and beats him, Diaz earns another title shot, beats GSP for title, GSP wins rubber match, rides off into the sunset. Meanwhile Anderson grinds his way to a title shot at middleweight, beats Weidman for title, gets super fight with Jon Jones, defeats Jon Jones and then retires.

If Diaz is willing to fight more frequently that would be best for UFC but at the same time there's some good new matchups for the spider too

Yeah, that's how I feel. I just don't know how he can beat Andy. The only thing has on his side is a cardio advantage. But when someone is bigger/heavier that kinda goes out the window if there's grappling and clinch work. The only way I see nick winning is pulling a condit in round 1 and 2 and then just throwing like crazy in 3,4,5 and taking a decision.

Oh man... I just got chills. I'd LOVE to see them mix it up like that! How freaking nuts would this place go if Diaz caught him in a Triangle and flipped double Birds ala brother Nate? :D

Best Outcome: Diaz Wins, gets welterweight title fight, wins title, GSP comes out of retirement, fights Diaz and beats him, Diaz earns another title shot, beats GSP for title, GSP wins rubber match, rides off into the sunset. Meanwhile Anderson grinds his way to a title shot at middleweight, beats Weidman for title, gets super fight with Jon Jones, defeats Jon Jones and then retires...

as the undisputed GOAT. :)

Oh man... I just got chills. I'd LOVE to see them mix it up like that! How freaking nuts would this place go if Diaz caught him in a Triangle and flipped double Birds ala brother Nate? :D

We can dream. He has the heart, but I don't think he has the fight iq to change things up on the fly.

Either way, I'll be trying to make it to the event.

This fight was made for a reason -- to give UFC the best outcome, which is Silva knocking Diaz the fuck out. He does this, and the Weidman/injury thing becomes less relevant. Diaz winning does nothing for the UFC, really.

Diaz winning makes a rematch with Lawler much more appealing should he have the title. It would also let him (Diaz) fight at 185 if he wanted too. WW has no shortage of contenders and many are strong wrestlers, something Diaz has never managed to figure out.
The best result is some back and forth but Anderson winning by KO. Then Anderson is back and Diaz has credibility of hanging with the GOAT and a higher weight. The UFC would like to see both big draws fighting. I don't think Nick wants to work his way towards a shot at 170 and wade through the aforementioned wrestlers.

Anderson makes UFC more money, so him offering Diaz's skull to JBG to use as a bong would be best business-wise.

Something violent and leaving little doubt that "he back..is normal"

We can dream. He has the heart, but I don't think he has the fight iq to change things up on the fly.

Either way, I'll be trying to make it to the event.

Nice! Going to a UFC event is at the top of my Bucket List. I have a son now who is old enough, so it may happen the next time they come to San Jose. We go to Vegas once a year too, so I'm gonna try and time it out so I can do both one of these times. Either way lucky you. You picked a good one to see in person.

I hear the fighters just walk around in the lobbies and will take pics with you and sign autographs etc. How cool would it be to get a picture with Nick Diaz? Lol. I bet not many people have the nerve to ask though... :D

Diaz wins by spilt. It would prove a ww can beat him so gsp may come back for that fight.

Diaz can drop back to ww and fight whoever he wants.

Nate fights beebs

If Silva wins he gets a shot at Weidman
If Diaz wins it would be a great platform to market a rematch with Lawler whom he holds a win over.

Either way, UFC comes out ahead. It's brilliant.

I think a flying scissor heel hook will do

If the UFC gives Anderson a MW title shot after a win against Diaz, do you really think they would be above giving Nick a WW title shot after a win against Silva?

I actually think this fight isn't that good for the UFC. The best case scenario for the UFC is that two of their most marketable fighters both get wins, but the best case scenario in this fight is for Silva to win, mostly because of Diaz' fickle status as an active fighter. Diaz could win against Silva, and go back into passive retirement until he runs out of money again, or fight one or two more and then do the same.

As a huge fan of both guys I'm just hoping for an exciting fight.

Nick Diaz comes back better than ever and destroys Anderson Silva. Anderson has nothing for Weidman. Dana said Andy gets Weidman III if he wins and nobody wants that. Diaz winning adds another contender to the 170 puzzle, which post-GSP is begging for a real king to reign.

The best outcome without ANY DOUBT would be Silva DESTROYING Diaz

For those of you saying a competitive fight would be the best outcome you are just Diaz nuthuggers who dont want to see your hero get destroyed

An out-of this-world impressive Silva win would set up the FUCKING BIGGEST 2nd rematch in mma history.... with commercials claiming how many reporters and fans think Weidman got lucky in both previous figthts... and they have enough material to pull this.... it would set up the biggest redemption storyline in fighting history too... this fight would be gigantic

Im not saying they would be right or not, but saying how this wouldnt be the absolute best scenario for the UFC is simply idiotic!

Winner gets Weidman.

Isn't that what Dana said

Nick would need to beat a middleweight and then fight a welterweight contender to get a shot, but Anderson gets to fight for the belt against the guy who beat his ass twice just because he beats a welterweight?

Back