Silva vs Bisping fightmetric

How was the knee cheap? No one's going to stop beating your ass just because your mouth-piece fell out. Bisping isn't stupid he knows the rules. He just was smart and looking for a chances to recover.

Didn't look too smart after getting blasted with that knee.

Michael-Bisping-750x444.jpg
The face of a true winner who overcame cheapness. Heart of a lion. A hero and inspiration. Bisping is someone who has never used steroids and is someone you can look up to. I cannot say the same for other fighters in this sport.

I didn't see the fight but it seems like 90% of fans and fighters thought Anderson had it pretty clearly... Could those stats be biased based on what rounds they occurred in? Like the consensus is that Bisping won one and two, did most of the disparity happen in those two rounds?

I didn't see the fight but it seems like 90% of fans and fighters thought Anderson had it pretty clearly... Could those stats be biased based on what rounds they occurred in? Like the consensus is that Bisping won one and two, did most of the disparity happen in those two rounds?
Actually it's quite the opposite. Only casuals thought Andy won... And Dana. Wanted that money fight against rockhold

So much for the UFC being judged like boxing. That's how Floyd fights and how he became the greatest boxer of all time lol

Edit: sorry I didn't mean that's exactly how Floyd fights. That's just exactly what his fight metrics look like after each fight

Also this fight showed Bispings heart. Bisping took the cheapest shot I have seen in the octagon and yet still came back to win the fight. Bisping is a hero and true inspiration. Rule Britannia.
Although I think it was bisping won the knee wasn't really cheap. The fight is on until the bell or ref says it isnt you cant decide to pause and talk to the ref when you feel like it

I'll say it when I agree with a post and when I disagree with a post, FightMetrics is a complete joke.

They have this fight scored where 1 fighter has a 96% significant strike rate and the other a 100% Significant Strike rate.

Which would mean every strike landed, sans 4, caused great damage or knocked down the person it landed on.

Even agreeing that Bisping won, I wouldn't use these charts as they are pure BS calculated by complete dummies.

Outside of people on the internet, no one I know thought that this decision was controversial. Same guys who believe that Hendricks beat GSP marshaling their ignorance again. Fuck em, I don't even listen anymore. It is not incumbent on us to explain the point system to these lost souls.

Thinking that rounds can and should be described using combinations of numbers other than 10-9 = ignorance. Got it. There are no close rounds, and no dominant rounds. One guy always wins each round by the same margin of one point. If a round seems close, choose an arbitrary winner based on some minor incident that you remember from the round, particularly near the end. If nobody does anything effective, then the guy who is most responsible for preventing any action from occurring wins the round. Damage is not important. Point fighting is far more civilized and is to be encouraged, so the numbers from FightMetric are considered useful in post-fight analysis.

Any other helpful tips so that I can properly apply the point system, or have I finally got it figured out?

The face of a true winner who overcame cheapness. Heart of a lion. A hero and inspiration. Bisping is someone who has never used steroids and is someone you can look up to. I cannot say the same for other fighters in this sport.

Didn't Bisping actually knee one of his opponents on the head while he was grounded, knowing it was against the rules, and then celebrate by going to his opponents corner and spit on them?

Also this fight showed Bispings heart. Bisping took the cheapest shot I have seen in the octagon and yet still came back to win the fight. Bisping is a hero and true inspiration. Rule Britannia.

I agree. You can actually see Silva look at Bisping and notice that he is distracted asking for his mouth piece. Does he think to himself "Hey I should let my opponent get his mouth piece and then continue with the fight", nope he thinks "YES my opportunity has arrived! While he is distracted with the ref I am going to knee him right in the face!!"

Outside of people on the internet, no one I know thought that this decision was controversial. Same guys who believe that Hendricks beat GSP marshaling their ignorance again. Fuck em, I don't even listen anymore. It is not incumbent on us to explain the point system to these lost souls.

Good post.

Totally agree, that it's hard to make a case for Silva winning under the current ruleset.

On the other hand, the argument to be made is how satisfactory the current judging standard is.
For example, Ninja Rua thoroughly dominated Dan Henderson, by the standards we have grown accustommed to. Dan landed a dangerous flurry at the end and almost finished Ninja. Ninja was winning 95% of that fight. Dan won the decision.
There are other ways to look at it, especially for those who watched a different sport for 10 years. But by any stretch of the Unified Rules, Bisping won and Silva lost. I knew it before they made the announcement...
(although Sherdog pbp did give it to Anderson).

I thought Hendricks beat GSP but I also think that Bisping beat Anderson. Two completely different fights. I thought Hendricks took round 1 by any criteria. Anderson didn't take round 4, no way in hell.

Bisping getting the nod over Anderson shows how far away from "fight" and how close to "sport" MMA has become.

I'm going to assume that you thought that Hendricks should have won over GSP right?

It all comes down to the 4th. Anderson gave away most of the round and Bisping pushed more of the pace and landed more. But it wasn't much more and none of the shots were flush or effective. They were all grazing shots and didn't bother Silva at all. But they were landing.

Silva on the other hand rocked and visibly hurt Bisping with everything he landed that round and at the end of the round Bisping was wobbling and being helped back to his corner.

That round, and thus the fight, can truly go either way depending on your interpretation of the rules and scoring criteria. You can score it for either fighter and still be right. Volume vs damage.

I thought Hendricks beat GSP but I also think that Bisping beat Anderson. Two completely different fights. I thought Hendricks took round 1 by any criteria. Anderson didn't take round 4, no way in hell.

You could have scored round 4 either way

You could have scored round 4 either way

Maybe if your a huge Anderson fan...oh wait, Hey comeback!! Tell me did you shed real tears when Anderson lost?

Round 4 was bisping dictating the pace, controlling the fight, and outlanding Anderson who just stood against the cage playing defense most of the round. I have no idea how anyone could possibly give him that round. He looked pretty good in the last 20 seconds. That just isn't enough to take the round.

Edit: You claim that he was wobbled. I certainly didn't see that.

As I said, save for the cheap knee. The rest was all Bisping. I am glad I predicted this fight correctly and made a significant sum of money. The tears from 12 year old Anderson fans only makes me feel that much better.

Same here, made two bets on Bisping. Got a nice quota of 3.5 and 3.25 :D

Maybe if your a huge Anderson fan...oh wait, Hey comeback!! Tell me did you shed real tears when Anderson lost?

I feel like this is a strong indication that you're not a mature individual and this is about to be an excercise in futility but let's see...

Round 4 was bisping dictating the pace, controlling the fight, and outlanding Anderson who just stood against the cage playing defense most of the round. I have no idea how anyone could possibly give him that round. He looked pretty good in the last 20 seconds. That just isn't enough to take the round.

Edit: You claim that he was wobbled. I certainly didn't see that.

I just rewatched the round for the first time. Live I gave it and the fight to Bisping. Upon rewatching I think it could go either way.

First thing is that the majority of Bisping's strikes were blocked or dodged. And most of the strikes Bisping was landing were grazing, partially blocked, and not at all stiff and flush. Throughout the round as Bisping is dictating the pace and firing off shots Silva is sticking him with fast, flush, and stiff jabs. And then he goes on to pour it on with by far the most effective action of the round in the last 30-60 seconds.

So if you want to give it to Bisping for pushing the pace and landing more I won't argue. If you want to give it to Anderson for landing the most effective strikes, doing the most damage, and Bisping being hurt the most then I also won't argue.

Back