Silva Signs 10 fight deal. The time for super fights is NOW.

greydecember

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
According to Mmaweekly.com, Anderson Silva has stated that he would like to defend his title 3 more times before be faces either GSP or Jon Jones.

Now I understand that he just signed a new 10 fight deal so this isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. But let's be real here...the UFC has a bad habit of trying to milk the buildup and hype for these fights for too long. They wait and wait and wait and then somebody loses and the fight loses all it's steam.

I think Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter alive today. But you can't beat Father Time forever. The man is 38 years old for god sake. With each passing year, the likelihood that somebody takes Silva out increases. And when it does happen...when he inevitably gets defeated, his confidence will dip. He'll begin to doubt himself. And once that happen, it's over. He'll go down just like Fedor, just Like Chuck, just like every other fighter who stuck around too long.

My point is, if they are gonna make either of those fights, it has to happen now. The longer they wait, the higher the chance that Silva is defeated and this fight becomes meaningless. You can be as big a Silva honk as you want. Sooner or later, he is gonna get destroyed and many of us will be left wondering why in the hell didn't they do it when they had the chance.

has he ever looked better than he has in his last 3 fights?

I wouldn't bet on the super fights ever happening. And that's OK. I just want to see him against a couple of the better new contenders, like Wiedman and Lombard.

father time beats all, but he has to work his way up to anderson silva, there are few people waiting for their turn before father time gets the chance

vs GSP at 178
vs JBJ at 195
vs Mousasi
vs Bisping
vs Rockhold
vs Weidman
vs Chael III
vs Lombard
vs Rashad
vs Cain or the HW champ

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Silva fights either GSP or Jon Jones before someone loses.

Anderson Silva talks, but I don't listen. I take what he says with a grain of salt.

GSP's best reply has been "Come to 170 and take the belt from me", Jones' best reply lately has been "Come to 205 and take the belt from me". So I doubt any Super Fight is ever happening.

Pierre needs to put his legacy on his back and climb Mount Silva! YES! I also believe Silva and Jones should mix it up! Stop making EXCUSES for Pierre!

I think if it was his rumored three fights left, then this would be true but it looks like now that he will be defending the MW belt more. The most annoying thing with Silva is he says a ton of stuff and backtracks on it. I remember him saying he has no interest in MW anymore and wanted GSP next and then Jones right after. So much for that.

The thing is I can't even think of 10 fights to give him and I don't want him to take that many if it isn't in the next three years max.

White said he expects the contract to be completed in three years which means he thinks Silva is going to want to fight more often which is great. However, Dana also said he is targeting the Jones/Silva fight for a year and a half from now. That means we could be looking at 2-3 fights for Silva before that.

I think we will see at least Bisping and Weidman next for Silva.

My projection right now would be
-Bisping
-Weidman
-Lombard
-Jones (LHW)

Who knows what after that

GSP's best reply has been "Come to 170 and take the belt from me", Jones' best reply lately has been "Come to 205 and take the belt from me". So I doubt any Super Fight is ever happening.

I really wish Silva would just try to cut to the 170. That would really make it impossible for GSP to argue against the fight. It must be a hard cut now however. Silva did say before the Maia fight he could still make 170.

Fight 1 - Bisping
Fight 2 - Rockhold
Fight 3 - Belfort II
Fight 4 - Sonnen III
Fight 5 - Bisping II
Fight 6 - Dan Henderson II
Fight 7 - Rashad Evans
Fight 8 - Lombard
Fight 9 - Okami III
Fight 10 & Farewell fight - Nick Diaz

on second thought, probably 1-6, I don't see him fighting 10 more fights especially when he fights like once a year now.

He will be a beast into his 50s.

I really wish Silva would just try to cut to the 170. That would really make it impossible for GSP to argue against the fight. It must be a hard cut now however. Silva did say before the Maia fight he could still make 170.

Yeah, I read Dana would take the belt off the line for 170 with GSP. I also read when this fight was possible the first time that Silva would have to do a WW fight before GSP to test the weight cut first though. But it's a bit much imo. As for Jones, it's still a relatively new Super Fight, who knows what happens. But we won't be hearing much probably until Sonnen/Jones is closer.

Sounds suspect....

10 fights? Most contracts are like 5. At the rate he fights, that's like 5 years at 2 fights per year. Odd.

They said he still has like 3 more title defense at MW before he starts the Super Fights...

I'd love for him to do both. Would be legend- wait for it- dary!

I wouldn't bet on the super fights ever happening. And that's OK. I just want to see him against a couple of the better new contenders, like Wiedman and Lombard.

This.

Back