Silva rips GSP again: He "does not take real challenge, just tries something easy"

“He wants something Easy”

Ironically that something “easy” beat Anderson in a fight lol.

I’m a big fan of Anderson and I feel at any point in their respective primes, Anderson would have killed GSP. He was too big, too strong, too fast.

But this whole notion that GSP is a duck n all that shit is lame. The dude has the toughest strength of schedule of any of the UFC Champs that people consider great. He was in the deepest division in MMA at the time, beating everyone by a landslide.

He never owed it to anyone to move up, nobody does. These guys fight in their weight class for a reason. It’s cool that GSP came back and fought Bisping, even if he never fights again, that UFC event was one of the best in the last few years.

Just think Anderson needs to stop trying to press for that fight, you’re picking on a smaller dude. Give it up. Just fight Israel, try and not get KO’d bad, then look forward to your next few fights and retirement while remaining humble and not talking shit. Bashing GSP only makes Anderson look desperate.

Calls a guy who beat him an easy fight and calls out a FW

Anderson is either trolling, or his fight with Adesanya should be cancelled due to CTE

I agree with alot of what Anderson says but then he has to talk about mcgregor?(it would look like a cartoon standing next to him) and then talk about " business " which lol obviously goes hand in hand with fighting mcgregor. I mean think about it, Anderson did fight DC and the size difference was not overwhelming......... now imagine Conor standing next to DC. LMAO

I’m a big fan of Anderson and I feel at any point in their respective primes, Anderson would have killed GSP. He was too big, too strong, too fast.

But this whole notion that GSP is a duck n all that shit is lame. The dude has the toughest strength of schedule of any of the UFC Champs that people consider great. He was in the deepest division in MMA at the time, beating everyone by a landslide.

He never owed it to anyone to move up, nobody does. These guys fight in their weight class for a reason. It’s cool that GSP came back and fought Bisping, even if he never fights again, that UFC event was one of the best in the last few years.

Just think Anderson needs to stop trying to press for that fight, you’re picking on a smaller dude. Give it up. Just fight Israel, try and not get KO’d bad, then look forward to your next few fights and retirement while remaining humble and not talking shit. Bashing GSP only makes Anderson look desperate.

I wish I could like this a thousand times. Love both of these guys as fighters and to some degree I understand the argument of take fun fights vs be a smart fighter, but GSP is still in the same spot Andy was before he got beat multiple times and go popped for PEDs twice. Of course Andy wants fun fights now. What else is left for him?

After GSP saw Nick fight Silva, he probably wished he would have taken the challenge. The ball was in his court to make it a catch weight or whatever, but he didn’t take the fight. They were both dominant champions and that is one fight I wish would have happened.

“I believe Georges St-Pierre does not take the real challenge,” Silva said

“I believe 180 (pounds) is good for me and McGregor,” Silva said. “I’m just waiting, because I don’t control this. This is a question for Dana, but I believe this an amazing fight for the fans.”

<{outtahere}>

You have to be a special kind of idiot fan to not laugh at Silva at this point.

Anderson lost to "easy" Bisping. Seems like people forget that. GSP put Bisping away.

What's funny is both sides say Anderson's and GSP's competition was subpar, trying to discredit their accomplishments. If Anderson people wanna say GSP ducked him, then you have to say Anderson ducked Bones because they were "friends".

Agreed, nailed it.

GSP came back off a 4 year layoff to fight Bisping, the great MW ever? No. But his strength of schedule and who had beat isn't anything too weak and GSP CRUSHES him. 4 years off! If Anderson had been champ my guess is GSP beats his ass too. But we're left to speculate.

Anderson trying to drum up interest for a fight, that's all, GSP doesn't owe anyone anything. He's the humble, unproven PED user (regardless to all the baseless SD accusations.. GH gut? wtf), who beat tons of fighters who used PEDs, who beat everyone in the division - truly cleaned it out, maybe some people support Anderson just because they weren't MMA fans during GSPs reign over WW??

I am ok with Anderson wanting some big money and lower risk fights. I get the math he is trying to apply in terms of lower risk fights with higher reward. Unfortunately his star has fallen to the point that fighters on the other side of that card are not excited by it so he is trying to troll his hoped for opponents into it.

Were this goes wrong is when ignorant or idiot Silva fans say 'he is right' and they eat it right up like the sheep they are.

We can all applaud Anderson doing whatever he can to try and get a few more big pay days but we can, at the same time laugh at the obviousness and silliness he is saying to try and get it. Anderson has been every bit as big a duck his entire career including now, as he claims GSP has. Moreso actually.

He's right, this is one of the reasons that Silva is the GOAT and GSP is not

He could have easily have fought at LHW when many were asking him to instead of fighting the likes of Okami, Leites, Maia and a few other gatekeepers. Face it Silva only fought Daniel cause it was his best option. He lost 2 out of his 3 last fights before losing to Daniel and he also got a No Contest against Nick Diaz instead of a win. So face it, Silva didnt take the Daniel fight to challenge himself, he took it cause he was on the bottom of the pecking order at MW. he also had popped for that Diaz fight.

Didn't Silva piss hot 3 times ?

I'm reading 2 time cheat in most posts and my memory might be corrupted, but I could swear he got caught 3 times...

Too lazy to check :)

He took the Cormier fight for money not for "great challenge"

Top fighters who are no longer in the contender pool get to cherry pick the fights they want to take or basically they retire if they cannot get what they want.

Anderson is in tough spot as a tainted steroid cheat with only one win in the last 5 years as there is no lineup of guys wanting to fight him who have choices. So he is doing his best to cherry pick from his available options and the best choice for him is a still largely unproven up and coming MW who he knows will fight him where he is strongest, standing. For the young guy Anderson represents a huge name on his resume as many of the older fighters have proved fodder for other young guns if he can win. Then Anderson has been promised an immediate title shot, with a win, again allowing him the best chance to cherry pick his way to another title as Whittaker too is likely to stand and allow Anderson to fight where he is strongest. I don't think there is another top name at MW who would not, if they felt they had to, hesitate to put Anderson on his back in a fight so, yes, Anderson is still a great cherry picker, as he was thru his LHW choices, and he needs to be as his star fades.

Doesn't take a real challenge, just tries something easy....he shouldn't be so hard on himself for taking roids and should try to focus on GSP.

He took the Cormier fight for money not for "great challenge"
These are prize fighters, so everything is about Risk V Reward. Money and Relevance.

Just as Sonnen and Vitor and a few other MW's jumped at the chance to fight Jones at his peek because they really had almost nothing to lose and a monster career changing win if they could manage the miracle, Anderson took the last minute fight with Cormier as a loss does almost nothing to downgrade him but would bring him right back to the top of the GOAT and every other talk immediately.

170355eed6a8246e79f197e89b7f49b3c3e5bb163698bc95c796ae0bb726d3db.jpg

<{silvanormal}>

He could have easily have fought at LHW when many were asking him to instead of fighting the likes of Okami, Leites, Maia and a few other gatekeepers. Face it Silva only fought Daniel cause it was his best option. He lost 2 out of his 3 last fights before losing to Daniel and he also got a No Contest against Nick Diaz instead of a win. So face it, Silva didnt take the Daniel fight to challenge himself, he took it cause he was on the bottom of the pecking order at MW. he also had popped for that Diaz fight.
Silva fought at LHW 3 times during his prime and KOed all of them in the first round. Go actually watch MMA

Back