Silva is Ok

AznTrojan

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
no concussion.. no jaw fracture.. here's him imitating werdum

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/1...concussed-jaw-not-fractured-after-ufn-40-loss

20140511_jcd_mb3_431.JPG.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Good to know. Dude showed great heart, pathetic cardio though.

Cardio had nothing to do with his loss in that fight.

You can take the best marathon runner and if forced to sprint the first mile at full speed he will be done.

If you cannot prevent guys like Matt Brown or Nick Diaz from setting pace you will be done.

His cardio isn't that great but it's not as bad as it seemed in this fight. He got hurt bad and just didn't have much energy to fight back.

You can take the best marathon runner and if forced to sprint the first mile at full speed he will be done.

If you cannot prevent guys like Matt Brown or Nick Diaz from setting pace you will be done.

Sorry, it had everything to do with that. He was already gassed even before Brown started crushing him, and that was after he couldn't submit Brown in the 1st round... 3 minutes of the 1st round! He gassed @ 3 fuckin' minutes of the 1st round man, that's just terrible cardio.

Don't get me wrong, I picked Brown to win but I respectfully disagree when you say that Erick's cardio had nothing to do with his loss.

Glad to hear it. He cracked a little last night, but I probably would crack worse so..

Obviously Brown had no problem with the pace, meaning his cardio was better than Silva's. You are literally retarded.

Sorry, it had everything to do with that. He was already gassed even before Brown started crushing him, and that was after he couldn't submit Brown in the 1st round... 3 minutes of the 1st round! He gassed @ 3 fuckin' minutes of the 1st round man, that's just terrible cardio.

Don't get me wrong, I picked Brown to win but I respectfully disagree when you say that Erick's cardio had nothing to do with his loss.

I think he did the same thing he did against Fitch. He used all his gas trying to finish that choke and it didn't work. He needs to be more cold blooded. When he hurt Brown with that kick, he should have engaged more carefully, kinda like Anderson vs Okami. He should never let Brown grab his leg.
I agree he has cardio issues though.

he was too tired to lift his arms as soon as they stood up.

I think he did the same thing he did against Fitch. He used all his gas trying to finish that choke and it didn't work. He needs to be more cold blooded. When he hurt Brown with that kick, he should have engaged more carefully, kinda like Anderson vs Okami. He should never let Brown grab his leg.

Yep. Cardio issues + bad fight iq = bad combination

There may be some truth to that (the idea that Brown or Diaz can wear anyone down when dictating pace), but there's more truth to the idea that this guy ALWAYS runs out of gas if he doesn't win via early destruction.

I have to disagree.....erick came out patient and landed some solid body kicks, hurt brown and went for the finish. He didn't finish with punches and took his back working for a sub. Erick was in complete control, all brown was doing was defending. As soon as they got up, erick was visibly tired......downhill from there.

It was the pace and pressure that didn't allow erick to get his second wind and come back.

Either way Brown fought a great come from behind fight.

Yeah man, I don't think he even noticed when he hurt Brown with a body shot in the 2nd or 3rd. He was so goddamn gassed..

His cardio is blatantly his problem, anyone saying otherwise needs to go watch his Dong fight, it was very similar in how he just completely gassed way too soon, and it wasn't due to damage at all. It's nothing he can fix IMO, it's just the way he is, and that's why he'll never beat anyone very good.

Agreed. I was wondering when I was watching if he just filled his arms with all that Lactic Acid not allowing his body to regenerate NAD quickly enough which just took all the power out of his muscles. It just seemed like it took everything out of his muscle. He did not seem to be "out of breath" so to speak but just looked like a guy that had nothing left in his muscles... Anyways. Whatever it was, I agree, it had everything to do with that fight!!!

Back