Silva got handled by Weidman who is now the divisions pushing bag. Quit saying he would win...

Silva wouldn't be dominating everyone like he did when he was fighting blown up welterweights or dudes with 10-6 records in title defences but he'd do very well and could grab the belt.

Izzy would always be a hard fight for him but I think he could preform better if he was younger.

lmao those anderson/weidman fights were fucking hilarious.

really goes to show how overrated silva was.

Silva would've made Whittaker look worse than forrest LOL

Probably

But that was oldman silva

Im not so sure style bender would trash the spider that took out forest or if any fighter could have at that moment in history.

Israel might be the best fighter that has ever lived but I dont get why people want to give him that crown before hes earned it.

Anderson Silva was a very special fighter and to compare anyone to him before they have earned it shows a short memory
I'll take the hungry with something to prove killer Silva 06-08 I think that's his prime....Silva aged with grace and turned into a counterpuncher with deadly precision but he aged out. Silva fan but Weidman didn't care about Silva's Aura he still deserves props for his win IMO. Don't even care for Weidman... more of a Mousasi fan/Jacaré fan.

Last edited:
I'll take the hungry with something to prove killer Silva 06-08 I think that's his prime....

Yea dude the silva that blew out lebon and terrorized ace was an absolute beast. I always viewed the grif fight as the last time he was that guy .

I wasnt real familiar with Anderson til he hit the UFC and thought him vs lebon was gonna be a banger LOL . One of the most beautiful destructions of all time

38 years? Are you fucking serious?

Yea dude the silva that blew out lebon and terrorized ace was an absolute beast. I always viewed the grif fight as the last time he was that guy .

I wasnt real familiar with Anderson til he hit the UFC and thought him vs lebon was gonna be a banger LOL . One of the most beautiful destructions of all time
He was on the radar for me after his win over Hayato Sakurai and his Cage Rage stint made me a huge fan. My brother is 6 years older than me he deserves a shout out. I would have most likely not watched Pride etc. if he wasn't around.

Thirty Eight years old. I doubt you are serious.

When did Silva's prime end?
When he lost to Weidman?
Or earlier, at 35?
Maybe at 33?
Did Chael take years off his prime?
These are serious questions, sheeple!

When did Silva's prime end?
When he lost to Weidman?
Or earlier, at 35?
Maybe at 33?
Did Chael take years off his prime?
These are serious questions, sheeple!

Very hard to say as he shifted his game towards the "Matrix" style which was based so strongly on hype and mind games, giving the impression he was this untouchable force standing. Personally I don't think he looked significantly worse against Weidman than in several of his previous fights in that style.

Isreal to me is more the reality of what the matrix hype was, he can actually handly outland opponents from mid/long range before shooting them down with counters. I think SIlva's real strength was much more a traditional Chute Boxe one, to be at his most dangerous he needed to be on the front foot putting on a pace that opponents couldn't live with an hunting down anyone he hurt.

Last edited:
Silvas weakness has always been wrestlers. Weidman is silvas kryotonite. Prime silva beats adesnaya. Matches makes fights.

Silva fans are just grasping at straws. Adesanya could have trashed the spider but he didn't. Weidman who is a fucking puppet TRASHED anderson. Anderson would have gotten KILLED vs Whittaker.
Exactly! Silva was a fkn can crusher.

Silva fans are just grasping at straws. Adesanya could have trashed the spider but he didn't. Weidman who is a fucking puppet TRASHED anderson. Anderson would have gotten KILLED vs Whittaker.

Dude, 2013 Weidman would literally beat the stuffing out of Israel n send him back to kickboxing. Shut up.

Its funny because while I was watching Rob vs Israel I thought of Anderson for some reason and how damn slick he looked in the cage in his prime, and that these two young top guys are not exactly on that level of fluidity, grace, technique and unpredictability.

They are both great fighters, I enjoyed the fight and I'm not even Anderson's fan. Just a random thought that popped up in my head. Like him or hate him, GOAT or not, he was absolutely unique.

Dude, 2013 Weidman would literally beat the stuffing out of Israel n send him back to kickboxing. Shut up.
Israel would beat any version of Weidman, Rockhold, and Jacare with one arm tied behind his back

Brunson is a far better MMA wrestler than Weidman, and couldn't do shit against the GOAT Izzy.

Damn bro you sound desperate. First of all dont compare the eternal goat Anderson Silva to the hype train of the week Israel Lasagna. Israel has a long long way to go before he gets anywhere near Andersons level. Likely never will.

Lasagna couldnt finish a 50 year old Anderson Silva. Prime Silva literally murders Israel.

Back