Signs point to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Earlier this week, 28th of August, I created this thread (same one you're seeing now), and after about 5,700+ views, it got swept under the rug called the sub-forum named The Wasteland. (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...itch-bait-khabib-with-conor-ferguson.3818535/)

MMA fans deserve to know the truth, and in light of new evidences (Mayweather senior said May-vs-Mac 2 is in talk), I am bringing the truth out once again:

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

The exact thing happened!

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.

Last edited:
***Signs that the UFC will switch Ferguson in to fight Khabib at the last minute***

Latest news: Aug 31, 2018
Mayweather vs Mcgregor 2 is in Talks According to Mayweather Sr:

(Big thank you to Sherdogger @Wormwood for breaking this news! See his thread here
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/m...-in-talks-according-to-mayweather-sr.3819889/)​

1. Ferguson "miraculously recovered" from his "freak leg injury"
2. The UFC put Ferguson on the same card as Khabib vs. Conor

3. Khabib vs. Conor have had VERY little promotional effort behind it... this is quite strange considering this is Conor's supposed "return after many years to reclaim 'his belt'"... WHERE ARE THE HYPES?

The last time when Conor fought Aldo and Mayweather, the UFC did MONTHS of heavy promotions, world tours, trailers, etc..

Where are the official UFC promos for Khabib vs. Conor? Where are the world tours?

Last edited:
tbh I think the UFC justs wants Conor to fight, and the Khabib fight will do higher ppv numbers.

Conor himself might be getting cold feet though explaining his lack of promotion.

It's coming soon alright. Just be patient.

Just accept that the first thread was wastelanded. It happens to the best of us and usually way before 5700 views. You’ll get your credit if it happens don’t worry

You can add the fact Floyd Mayweather Sr. claims there are talks for another fight with Conor.

But Tony has a reach advantage over Conor and good cardio. He is not an easy fight for him by any means.

#fakenews

<TrumpWrong1>

giphy.gif

All that post but you never pointed out a single sign? They have another contender fighting the same night is that it? How many fights has Conor pulled out of?

I think you mean bait-and-switch, squire
Dafuq is a switch-bait

Wait......what.......
giphy.gif
..... Hmmmmmm...!!!

Earlier this week, 28th of August, I created this thread (same one you're seeing now), and after about 5,700+ views, it got swept under the rug called the sub-forum named The Wasteland. (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...itch-bait-khabib-with-conor-ferguson.3818535/)

MMA fans deserve to know the truth, and in light of new evidences (Mayweather senior said May-vs-Mac 2 is in talk), I am bringing the truth out once again:

Back in 2016, based on the UFC's past patterns of protecting certain fighters, I predicted that if McGregor wins the LW title, the UFC would help him hold 2 belts hostage:

The exact thing happened!

Now that the UFC has announced Conor's return to fight Khabib - after ducking him like the plague for 2 years - something does not seem right. There are signs* pointing to the UFC's potential switch-bait Khabib with Conor/Ferguson:

The UFC will have Conor pull out at the very last minutes and have Ferguson step in to fight Khabib.

What are the UFC's motivations?

1. Protect Conor from his worst match-up (Khabib)
2. Use Ferguson (the worst matchup for Khabib) to take Khabib out

3. If / when Ferguson wins the belt, have Conor fight him.
Stylistically, Ferguson is more of a stand-up striker, so Conor has a better chance at beating him than he is at beating Khabib.
Lol Ima just post here incase this hole riddled theory becomes true. Btw statisticly ferg is a worse fight for Conor. Tall, good reach, good striking, decent chin, great cardio, fast slick subs, has been in deep water wars.

Khabibs less reach than Conor, lackluster standup, hasnt had to be tested on the feet, low sub rate, decent ground n pound.

This whole fight is going to depend on khabibs chin and how composed he stays after taking damage. Conor has landed bombs on EVERY opponent hes ever faced, Khabibs getting hit. The fight starts in Conors world and anybody who actually knows wrestling knows khabib relies on striking pressure/cage pressure and duck under counters to get tds. His plain shot is slow and telegraphed, he has to find a way around Conor pressure countering him.

This fights a tossup but people sleeping on Conor like usual.

More likely that Khabib pulls out from Tiramisu related weight issues.

Who cares what some old ass boxer thinks lol.

Conor is signed to fight Khabib. That's the fight he's been training for for nearly a year. He's not pulling out of that to fight Floyd f'n Mayweather.

Back