Media "Sign the (contract) Ortega!" - Korean Zombie (Video of His Announcement Last 8/1/2020)

KZ will starch Ortega. Brian honestly has nothing for him.

I really enjoyed watching Ortega make his way up the ladder with his elite submission game, but he’s always had the look of a guy who might immediately lose a few in a row upon reaching the mountaintop. Knocking out Edgar, which was admittedly awesome, papered over the otherwise obvious fact that Ortega virtually never gets the best of the standup exchanges. TKZ will beat the piss out of him, but there’s a good chance that will only be the beginning. Would you favor Ortega against Yair, Zabit or Kattar? Or even Emmett, Ige, Burgos or Barboza? He’ll always have a chance at a submission, but at this point the book is out on him (never, under any circumstances go to the ground) and I’m just not sure what he’s gonna be able to do.

Reactions: MCS
KZ doesn't wanna call out Zabit lol

TKZ isn’t afraid of Zabit. TKZ has better hands, better power, comparable BJJ and a better gas tank. That fight will probably be five rounds, and I think it could look a lot like Zabit vs Kattar, only they’ll finish the job.

He’s calling out Ortega because they’ve been supposed to fight forever and Ortega slapped his friend in public.

If this fight doesn't happen they need drop Ortega from the rankings altogether. How the fuck does does this guy hold the #2 spot from a win over Edgar 2 and a half years ago? Seriously wtf...
It been that long since Ortega fought? Damn

Just fight already

I really enjoyed watching Ortega make his way up the ladder with his elite submission game, but he’s always had the look of a guy who might immediately lose a few in a row upon reaching the mountaintop. Knocking out Edgar, which was admittedly awesome, papered over the otherwise obvious fact that Ortega virtually never gets the best of the standup exchanges. TKZ will beat the piss out of him, but there’s a good chance that will only be the beginning. Would you favor Ortega against Yair, Zabit or Kattar? Or even Emmett, Ige, Burgos or Barboza? He’ll always have a chance at a submission, but at this point the book is out on him (never, under any circumstances go to the ground) and I’m just not sure what he’s gonna be able to do.

Out of those you named, for the most part I really don’t think I would give him the nod. Certainly not with any confidence. Just like you said the grappling threat is real and you can definitely envision scrambles taking place, but those would really need to come early for Brian, because his striking defence to me seems so mediocre that he’s going to be eating shots all night, and then into the third/later rounds, tired desperation singles won’t get him anywhere. That’s why any calm, measured striker, like Zombie or Kattar, would just put a clinic on him, and have the wherewithal to not go to or stay on the ground. I can also easily see dudes like Emmett and Burgos outstriking him for three rounds while Brian hunts for takedowns he’s not making stick. It’s a shame, since I tend to like grapplers, but I think you might be right about an incoming slide for him.

He's mentioned fighting zabit before, but he said that Sean Shelby pretty much said that zabit is a cherry picker and hard to make fights for

Sean Shelby is also a lying douchebag.

He signed contract to fight 5 rounds with Yair on Aug 29th tho

<LikeReally5>

Zabit was terrified of fighting 5 rounds with Katter and wouldn't sign on short notice. Frankly, he does not react very well to anything short notice.

Zabit is a disappointment. Very underwhelming.

If he wins it's going to be by getting his ass kicked for most of the fight and then pulling off a sub or flash ko at the end, like most of his wins.
Or first round finish like when he finished frankie in the first.

<seedat>

Just sign to fight Zabit ffs Ortega is done with mma

Fucking hell! Can the fight. It's not even an essential fight. Make ortega vs zabit. This fight is more trouble than it's worth. Make zombie vs volk for the next round of fight island bouts. Jeez talk about regressive thought. If either party won't sign, if they keep getting injured, if the fight is too much trouble to make, make other arrangements. Fuck's sake, this is the kind of thinking that screwed us into that unnecessary rematch.

The fight he was losing before catching Frankie?
lol at trhinking he was losing that.

i love this repeated story ortega is always losing before he wins. its so overplayed and not true.

but keep thinking it.

lol at trhinking he was losing that.

i love this repeated story ortega is always losing before he wins. its so overplayed and not true.

but keep thinking it.

Anyone with eyes can see Frankie was outstriking him before getting caught. Check the fight metric.

Anyone with eyes can see Frankie was outstriking him before getting caught. Check the fight metric.
Outstriking with soft pittyy patty punches isn’t really the basis to claim he was winning.

You'd think Ortega would tune down his tough guy act after the backlash he received for slapping Jay Park while KZ was going to the bathroom. Ah well, a d**che at heart it seems.

Back