Sigma Males

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So we're all familiar with the two categories in our social hierarchy of dominance: Betas and Alphas. But recently the internet has identified a third category

Sigma Males.

"But Diogenes", you may ask, "you've shattered my worldview; how can there be more social rankings outside of alphas and betas?"

Well my sweet child, allow me to elucidate this matter.

You see, you've simply been looking at this from a binary perspective Chadness must be graphed on a matrix, not a straight line.

So what exactly is a Sigma male?

Dictionary.com identifies a Sigma Male as: "a popular, successful, but highly independent and self-reliant man. Another term for a sigma male is a lone wolf."

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/sigma-male/

Now lets break down the differences between Alphas and sigmas:

Alphas:

Charismatic, Outgoing, Ladies men, social butterflies, confident

Fictional Alphas:
-Tony Stark
-Fonzie
-Van Wilder
-Bronn from Game of Thrones

Sigmas:

Reclusive, Serious, Confident, strategic, Ladies men

Fictional Sigmas:
-Wolverine
-The Hound From Game of Thrones
-The Wolf from Pulp Fiction
-The Punisher

Here are some examples of Sigma absolutely asserting their dominance in the wild

Discuss

@TidWell @Oceanmachine

I prefer Gamma males.

4307b2f68731cf0efec4a85d5cfdc5f8.png

So alphas and betas are part of the same line, with alphas being dominant. And betas being the losers.

If we're to believe that the sigma male is successful then we need an unsuccessful version too. Someone that tries to be a sigma but is really a loser.

I propose zeta male for this. Since it rhymes with beta, and will help us remember that these are the losers.

So alphas and betas are part of the same line, with alphas being dominant. And betas being the losers.

If we're to believe that the sigma male is successful then we need an unsuccessful version too. Someone that tries to be a sigma but is really a loser.

I propose zeta male for this. Since it rhymes with beta, and will help us remember that these are the losers.
I was gonna say Ligma male

Back