Side kicking

You are also too "forward "heavy" Focus more on the leg action, and simply rotate . That's what I mean by a streaming through rather than a stab.

It's a much more lighter technical delivery than the roundhouse kick. You are overselling it with your body.

You might find it isn't as hard but repeat that for years and you will see it gets harder and harder with minimal effort.

This is a good illustration. Look at how little effort there is.

Not the best wind-up though. I have the same weakness, I would like to cut down the arm flapping so to not telegraph. But nobody is perfect

Time stamped

You gotta chamber that shit my man.

you're throwing it from a roundhouse motion almost, losing a ton of power/momentum like that

timestamp at 2:10, particularly the guy on the right. Is closer to how i throw it. though I don't turn away quite as much.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

<RomeroSalute>
Oh i was talkinga bout spacetime's 2 videos lol. But that's still how i throw my sidekicks haha.

edit: Just watched your videos. I think the reason that it ends up looking/feeling like a back kick is because you're stopping the extension short with your hips by just a lil bit. It's more pronounced on the first one (obviously, because the tree isn't giving when you hit it lol). But you're chambering just fine.

Some styles do throw their side kicks more like back kicks as well, particularly tkd.

Some styles do throw their side kicks more like back kicks as well, particularly tkd.

Mine doesn't, but thanks for those overrotated Koreans. I have already shown you guys that I am doing it right for my style

And there is a rearleg side kick as well. I know what I'm doing.... And yes that one is very easy to lose momentum in when hitting a mitts. Lead leg side kicks are easier to time

You say you know what you're doing, and you do whatever "style" you have for yourself. But you're losing a TON of power on that kick, and not only is it lower on power than it could be. The starting with the round house movement for it makes it easier to see coming.

Are you trying for point sparring/tkd? If so then maybe that works better, that i don't know.

You say you know what you're doing, and you do whatever "style" you have for yourself. But you're losing a TON of power on that kick, and not only is it lower on power than it could be. The starting with the round house movement for it makes it easier to see coming.

Are you trying for point sparring/tkd? If so then maybe that works better, that i don't know.

It is never used in sparring. The travel path is too long.

Here is Hwang Jang Lee performing it 100%. I do not feel ready to go that hard with my hips yet

Here is Hwang Jang Lee performing it 100%. I do not feel ready to go that hard with my hips yet

Looks like some kind of hybrid. <YayKpop> Leave to the Korean TKD to come up with every kick in the universe.

Yes, that is a great side kick. that is NOT how you are throwing it lol.

Yes, that is a great side kick. that is NOT how you are throwing it lol.

He is throwing it from the back leg. The technique you claimed didn't exist is the default way you learn it. So take a formal class.

He is throwing it from the back leg. The technique you claimed didn't exist is the default way you learn it. So take a formal class.
wtf are you even talkinga bout? lmao

wtf are you even talkinga bout? lmao

I chambered it like Hwang when I was actively training. I have simply lost the muscle memory of how I used to do it. I spent close to a year roundhouse kicking.

Back