Side kicking

Bruce Lees exaggerated rechamber demonstrated in Frode's clip is Lee's own style.

I don't think it's good for full contact but to each his own.

<2>Ha, ha,,, someone posted you vs. Bruce Lee.

Was gonna say OP vid, chamber was off. Shortcut.
<PlusJuan>

Here is the traditional TKD sparring application, which is usually thrown off the front leg.

The set-up is the tricky part. You need to be light off you ur feet so it's not too flat-footed and telegraphed, yet still try and bang with the kick. Doing two things at the same thing is never easy!

The traditional karatekas never sparred like this due to the rules, stances, and emphasis in training.

This is not as good. The body posture is compromised during point of impact
As you can clearly see here. He can knock himself down worst case scenario.
_20200618_222148.JPG

Compared to this

_20200618_175413.JPG

You should check out hillbilly wrestling, to see how a real tkd kid kicks (was state champ) also notice how much distance Bruce covers when he kicks? He also recovers his ground afterwards. I would walk through that side kick of yours and punch you while you were posing for the camera.

You should check out hillbilly wrestling, to see how a real tkd kid kicks (was state champ) also notice how much distance Bruce covers when he kicks? He also recovers his ground afterwards. I would walk through that side kick of yours and punch you while you were posing for the camera.

Hah! Side kicks are cryptonite for boxers. It's a completely different range and there is no training how to break the gap.

I would argue it's an even bigger problem than low kicks. You can at least take a few and then break the gap but with side kicks there is no simple way.

Hah! Side kicks are cryptonite for boxers. It's a completely different range and there is no training how to break the gap.

I would argue it's an even bigger problem than low kicks. You can at least take a few and then break the gap but with side kicks there is no simple way.
Interesting. I would probably grab your foot and kick you in your silly scrotum. Or just giggle, like I am now.

I'll. Go harder next time. I was afraid to pull a muscle since I haven't done anything for so long

That's a nice shirt

Back