Side Kick Sniper

Oh shit I never thought of this I will try this out. This seems like something I can practice too while shadow boxing/outside the gym.
Heck yeah! Also something I have found success with is when I miss a roundhouse, especially to the legs, instead of spinning out I will quickly put my foot on the ground in then pop it up into a side kick. This works well if they try to move in after you whiff the roundhouse. I'm pretty sure Carlos Condit did this, but im not positive.

Heck yeah! Also something I have found success with is when I miss a roundhouse, especially to the legs, instead of spinning out I will quickly put my foot on the ground in then pop it up into a side kick. This works well if they try to move in after you whiff the roundhouse. I'm pretty sure Carlos Condit did this, but im not positive.

Yup, I seen people do that a lot in sparring. What I noticed though is that when people do it a lot of times it's kind of obvious. I'm sure the better you are at it and depending on your setup and stuff it's more successful but the thing I like about that Wonderboy video is that it comes straight off the feint and the opponent has less time to react.

Yup, I seen people do that a lot in sparring. What I noticed though is that when people do it a lot of times it's kind of obvious. I'm sure the better you are at it and depending on your setup and stuff it's more successful but the thing I like about that Wonderboy video is that it comes straight off the feint and the opponent has less time to react.
Glad you liked the video! Once your able to try it out you should come back to the thread and tell us how it went!! Good luck bro!

Nice. I love the use of the double side kick

Nice video.

Good control, dexterity and flexibility in your legs.

Good example of TMAs being incorporated into KB and how effective it can be.

Been practicing the sidekick from southpaw pretty regularly when I shadow box now and it feels pretty good but not much success in sparring yet. My typically stance is orthodox and I pretty much don’t go into southpaw unless doing a quick switch into it with a punch or something but never really do much else there. I did land it a few times in sparring when being in southpaw but I feel like it’s not something right now I can consistently utilize since my southpaw stance isn’t overly effective

I have also been practicing rear kicks from south paw stance instead of throwing switch kicks which is how I would typically kick with my left leg. And in general trying to get better at kicks with my left side and doing more stretches and exercises to work on it’s flexibility

I practice the low kick feint into the side kick and while I don’t feel great about it yet I am liking it. Figuring out the range though is a bit weird as I feel if you’re too far it might be obvious you aren’t actually going for the low kick and if you’re too close they might bop you in the face as you’re turning into the sidekick if you aren’t quick enough

Can work off a caught leg kick as well.

Wait for real? How do i pull my leg back after its caught?
Keep turning in direction on travel. You don't even have to get them to fully release the foot as soon as you drag your foot away they try pulling it back, use their own energy to turn it into a side kick. Not sure how often you want to try it, but it definitely can work.

Keep turning in direction on travel. You don't even have to get them to fully release the foot as soon as you drag your foot away they try pulling it back, use their own energy to turn it into a side kick. Not sure how often you want to try it, but it definitely can work.

Thats very creative... ill try it in sparring.

2 things upset me on a deep deep emotional level

1. My pc died in the middle of this thread. RIP
2. The spaceman sidekick video has more views than my actual sidekick highlight. RIP me

This, however, does spark joy.
Excellent way to counter.

2 things upset me on a deep deep emotional level

1. My pc died in the middle of this thread. RIP
2. The spaceman sidekick video has more views than my actual sidekick highlight. RIP me

This, however, does spark joy.
Excellent way to counter.
Is your dominant leg your right leg?

Asking because you've got great front leg kicks and mine suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back