Social Side business. Do you guys have one?

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
What's up sherbros.

I'm doing pretty good at work these days (I save around 40% of my income) but I always wanted doing something extra for myself. Not for the money but for the experience and the realization that might come from growing something from zero.

I'm not super skilled in anything else beside my line of work (customs and international logistics which I prefer doing it the way I do).

Anyways... I thought it would be interesting to ask for your experiences having some secondary business since I don't know a lot of people that has one.

I used to do a ton of side work (a/c repair). Money is good but it always becomes a huge pain in the ass (phone never stops ringing) and time consuming so I'm currently taking a year off. I probably only did 4 or 5 jobs this year. My schedule at work got moved around too so I work odd hours and it's hard to do much else.

As I get older I value my free time more.

Last edited:
I used to do a ton of side work (a/c repair) money is good but it always becomes a huge pain in the ass (phone never stops ringing) and time consuming so I'm currently taking a year off. I probably only did 4 or 5 jobs this year. My schedule at work got moved around too so I work odd hours and it's hard to do much else.
My sisters husband did that for a while and I even helped him a few times. Yeah.. the money was good but he could kiss his saturday morning goodbye anytime a job popped up (he used to do them at that time).

I get paid to post. Covid economy and all @Zebra Cheeks needs all the content he can get.
I wonder what banned user are you.

Good thinking TS. Maybe something to do with some of your hobbies? Finding a solution to a problem that other hobbyists need is always gonna make money.

As fo your savings, try to look into investment opportunities. Read up on real estate, or stock markets or other areas. Try and have passive income and get to the point where you can live of that income without needing a job.

Flipping sports cards on eBay. Although I haven't been buying and selling a lot this year.

Flipping sports cards on eBay. Although I haven't been buying and selling a lot this year.
I sell Vinyl records . Import/ export distribution from UK I sell them on discogs.

16 years been doing it now

also had an eBay hustle on parts for Lamborghini’s for cheap

Good thinking TS. Maybe something to do with some of your hobbies? Finding a solution to a problem that other hobbyists need is always gonna make money.

As fo your savings, try to look into investment opportunities. Read up on real estate, or stock markets or other areas. Try and have passive income and get to the point where you can live of that income without needing a job.
I have hobbies such as fitness, music and eco-friendly stuff. Those might be a good starting point.

With real state I'm in a different context than most of you guys. I don't make enough to buy my own place yet or invest in construction (that is super expensive these days here).
Regarding the financial investments.. we have the 2nd highest inflation in the world (at like 37% or so... behind Venezuela) and live in an eternal devaluation cycle. People buy USD to protect their savings since no investment in local currency is warranted to beat the inflation or devaluation. It's a tricky one.
I was thinking in learning about stocks... I bought and sold some last year and made a little bit of profit but that was more luck than brains to be honest.

Nice!

I sell Vinyl records . Import/ export distribution from UK I sell them on discogs.

16 years been doing it now

also had an eBay hustle on parts for Lamborghini’s for cheap
The vinyl sounds like a cool thing.
I'm intrigued about the Lamborghini parts.. are you building one from scratch? lol.

Dude you live in buenos aires yes?

Does city have shortage of parking spots

Buy parking spots then rent them

In here its solid

Other half flips a lot on EBay. I used to buy guitars, upgrade them and sell them which was a half decent side line. Don't have the time for it now.

I have hobbies such as fitness, music and eco-friendly stuff. Those might be a good starting point.

With real state I'm in a different context than most of you guys. I don't make enough to buy my own place yet or invest in construction (that is super expensive these days here).
Regarding the financial investments.. we have the 2nd highest inflation in the world (at like 37% or so... behind Venezuela) and live in an eternal devaluation cycle. People buy USD to protect their savings since no investment in local currency is warranted to beat the inflation or devaluation. It's a tricky one.
I was thinking in learning about stocks... I bought and sold some last year and made a little bit of profit but that was more luck than brains to be honest.

Nice!

The vinyl sounds like a cool thing.
I'm intrigued about the Lamborghini parts.. are you building one from scratch? lol.
Ya I know a guy who builds the ball bearings needed for the part. At Lamborghini the dealer would charge over a grand. We’re only a couple hundred so get tons of customers.

What's up sherbros.

I'm doing pretty good at work these days (I save around 40% of my income) but I always wanted doing something extra for myself. Not for the money but for the experience and the realization that might come from growing something from zero.
Why not something import/export related since you know your way with customs.
I'm not super skilled in anything else beside my line of work (customs and international logistics which I prefer doing it the way I do).

Anyways... I thought it would be interesting to ask for your experiences having some secondary business since I don't know a lot of people that has one.

Great, look into those hobbies and find ways to monetise solutions that youve fund for problems.

I suggest looking into cryptocurrencies, if your country's economy is in the dumps. Buy Ethereum or Bitcoin when prices are low, and try and hold it. Prices in the crypto space change, erratically, every day, but remember its still more safe than your country's currency, and when the price rises, you can always profit off of it. Personally, I would look at never selling, 1 BTC today might be 13k but it could potentially be 1 million in the next decade or so. Look into cryptos, do your own reseach, and good luck.

No time to do a side hustle although I'm always considering starting my own private practice and learning how to code and bill insurance. I could make a good amount of money, especially if I do group classes and able to bill insurance/medicare. If I can get 15 patients/clients in one class all reimbursable by insurance I could make $1000/hour. I need to step up my game.

Great, look into those hobbies and find ways to monetise solutions that youve fund for problems.

I suggest looking into cryptocurrencies, if your country's economy is in the dumps. Buy Ethereum or Bitcoin when prices are low, and try and hold it. Prices in the crypto space change, erratically, every day, but remember its still more safe than your country's currency, and when the price rises, you can always profit off of it. Personally, I would look at never selling, 1 BTC today might be 13k but it could potentially be 1 million in the next decade or so. Look into cryptos, do your own reseach, and good luck.

Is it physically even possible to turn bitcoins into real money?

Word on the street says its a real bitch

Dude you live in buenos aires yes?

Does city have shortage of parking spots

Buy parking spots then rent them

In here its solid
I should have done that in my early 20s... well.. I wanted to but didn't had the money.
A parking lot cost around 20/30k (US dollars) and is rented by... well.. USD 27 per month. True story bro. They used to cost 10k about 12 years ago.

Ya I know a guy who builds the ball bearings needed for the part. At Lamborghini the dealer would charge over a grand. We’re only a couple hundred so get tons of customers.
Awesome.

Thanks brother.. that is actually a great advice and I will look up into it.

I should have done that in my early 20s... well.. I wanted to but didn't had the money.
A parking lot cost around 20/30k (US dollars) and is rented by... well.. USD 27 per month. True story bro. They used to cost 10k about 12 years ago.

Awesome.

Thanks brother.. that is actually a great advice and I will look up into it.

In here about 50k euro in centre

Rent out for 300-400

Back