1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Sick of modded controllers/M&K on console

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by STRYDG, Jan 26, 2020.

1. STRYDG Green Belt

I'm at the point of just quitting cos all these little bitches need an edge, an advantage over others using a regular controller. Playing R6 Siege and it seems like half the player base are at it. Snapping onto headshots, no recoil etc.

This game was great but after its first/second year the community got worse anyways, such a shame for a crazy in depth game. Even as typing this I just clutched a round 1v3 and got 3 votes to kick AFTER winning.

2. KaNesDeath Red Belt

Online gaming is a competition. Normally when someone blames the game and or their competitors hardware. Its a psychological coping mechanism to shift blame away from your shortcomings.

3. THEfightsAREfixed you can do it

This a move happening everywhere, Mouse and keyboard is superior to controller clearly and if the console supports it and you want to win enough then 2+2 and now your getting pwned

In PC world you have a similar thing with latency and proximity to servers, whether you can drop thousands on gaming hardware, super nice studio quality headsets for sound cues

How can you possibly avoid this in a competitive environment ? You have to either accept the casual gaming lifestyle or try to stay up to pace by acquiring the tools as well

4. Hyperglide Tell Apathy

You are just finally realizing that most gamers are cheating milk drinkers who don't play fair?

In other news water is wet.

5. Fatality Brown Belt

First world problems are a bitch and by the sounds of it you may be as well.

6. STRYDG Green Belt

Wow. So you guys all need an advantage too?

The only reason these things exist is because they cannot be detected, it tricks the console into thinking it's a controller otherwise some games would have banned them.

Dont get me wrong, I do well with a standard controller but you dont think no recoil or mods to get a faster fire rate isnt cheating? In pro league that wouldn't fly and if it's on PC you get booted for running macros to do that shit for you.

Edit. Just so you know, the developer has said M&K is cheating on consoles too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  7. method115 Titanium Belt

Don't you have to purchase some $100 device just to use M&K on console? If you think R6 is bad on console then don't come to PC. There is a constant ban list running on the side of the screen from the game banning people for cheating. Me and my cousin will be switching to console as soon as he gets the money we're done with all the cheating on PC. It's just way to easy to cheat.

Also some people might be using 1MS monitors so if you're playing on your TV you'll be at a pretty big disadvantage.

8. STRYDG Green Belt

Better monitors and headsets are fine. If you can afford and want it go for it but mods to remove in game recoil etc is rubbish.

Console is OKish, toxic players have dropped but still around. If your that gold to platinum level then you will run into the modded controller guys but that's better than people teleporting and other craziness like PC. Good luck to you sir.

9. KaNesDeath Red Belt

Spray patterns and recoil control on console FPS titles are intentionally toned down to work with controllers. When you introduce a mouse it shows that no recoil exists and spray patterns are easily controlled.

10. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

What is M&K?

11. jefferz Steel Belt

We don't need an advantage and we don't whine about getting out played.

Mouse and keyboard.

12. Steve-French What A Rush!!!

Gotcha. I'm just a filthy console peasant so It flew over my head :D I don't really ever game online, but I think the Xbox allows you to play against PC gamers on certain games. I never really got the feel for a Mouse and Keyboard, but doesn't it give you an advantage over somebody who uses a controller?

13. rikwebb Brown Belt

No PS4 and Xbox both are M+K compatible but not many games use them. I have a keyboard setup when playing Final Fantasy 14

14. method115 Titanium Belt

Should have been more clear. Some games don't support M+K at all. So in order to get it working in those games you need purchase this $100 adapter that makes M+K work on any game.

15. champ88 White Belt

just get a xim. it isn't that expensive.

16. STRYDG Green Belt

Some games like Fortnite if you join a friend that's playing on PC then you will face PC users. You will notice the difference but that's fine.

In first person shooters its huge. The ability to precisely snap onto a target is huge and controlling recoil etc. You can get really good with controllers but m&k is next level.

@KaNesDeath - yeah that's true console have less but theres a few guns in the game the recoil is so crazy you can tell it's a modded controller instead. Also when they "full auto" a semi auto gun.

17. erhnamdjinn Brown Belt

he is talking about people using XIM or modded stuff , I personally dont care I play with people who play with it and it does make things easier. But I dont ever intend to be a pro player and just enjoy the games I play. I play mainly because I play with people I know so its usually lots of shit talk, casual conversation. I actually just stick to single player games or netflix if I dont have firends online.

18. cabear Brown Belt

I had a XIM, it doesn't quite help as much as you think. I'm a tried and true kb/m player, I can barely aim with twin-stick controls, but my XIM only gave me like 70% of the kb/m experience. it really depends on the game and the settings you use, which don't always work great with one setting so you have to switch to another for certain situations (BF 5 comes to mind, the XIM profile didn't work in vehicles so if you jumped in a tank the controls were super slow to aim and move. you needed to switch to another BF 5 profile for inside vehicles which wasn't as easy as they thought it'd be.) No doubt you can get a really great experience if you sit and tweak it but damn, at that point, they've earned those kills as it certainly isn't easy to get a game to feel right and that tweaking could take hours even with references from others profiles. Your experience with it will vary though, and maybe the performance of it is much better in the current iteration of it, I got my XIM many years ago and used it less than 10 times.

19. rikwebb Brown Belt

Completely forgot about those, seen them a while back but didnt bother really looking into them as i didn't need one

20. HelpYouFall Purple Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.
    What kind of a loser must you be in life to need a M+K on console to feel accomplished. 100% certain these dudes are complete trash without em.
    And they're too bitchmade to actually just play on PC where it belongs.

This coming from a garbage player who barely goes positive in competitive shooters btw, cause I'm old, shitty and just play for fun. I mostly play things like Monster Hunter, racers and Soulsborne these days anyways.

Just telling it as it is: if you use and M+K with this adapter nonsense on console with developers even specifically saying it's cheating in their games, you're just a complete, straight up bitch.

LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020