Shuri-Te Ju-Jutsu

Jason Miller is shitty competition now? Jacare was caught the first fight, and there was not the emphasiz on crosstraining as now.

Galvao loss was a long drawn decision, his late win was also a boring drawn split decision against a relatively average BJJ fighter, you would think that one of the best BJJ guys would beat an average one. If it was against a superb wrestler who kept control or a striker that used superior striking to keep the fight up then yes it would have a point.

The fact is that Galvao simply isn't good at MMA.

Also Roger is god in BJJ, he has yet to prove that he is god in MMA, I can say that Badr Hari is god, and i can show you completely destroying a monster like Overeem who could probably waltz through UFC HW division, but if he came to MMA he could get taken down and beat up.

Why? if you take a fresh BJJ guy out of the blue and put him in modern MMA, he wouldn't be able to takedown anyone, a judoka would probably be able to do it.

The fact is that any MA alone sucks for MMA, the difference is that Brazilians and Americans are better at MMA than the Japanese. People who are well rounded are able to put judo into MMA.

Fedor Emelianenko uses judo and sambo throws easily, and his armbars are great and he never did BJJ, you also have the likes of Ogawa who was a great judoka failing in MMA.

The fact is that MMA is a complete different sport.

Agreed, but a lot of elite Judo BBs, specially in Japan have levels of ground dexterity similar to BJJ blackbelts, for example Kashiwazaki or Yoshida. Because in Japan they still have Kosen Judo and they spend more time training traditional judo which involves a lot of emphasiz on the ground.

Judo its an international sport and you will find a lot of differences between regions.

well see this saturday how bad andre sucks at mma... and to say someone thats 5-1 isnt good for MMA is laughable, guys is starting his carrer and yet only loss one fight... and when did I say miller sucks?

Anyone that claims that XXXXX style rules MMA, its delusional, no style alone rules MMA, even folkstyle who enjoys considerable advantage under current rules sucks if you are not well rounded.

Off topic but I agree. In applying to MMA I think any style can be successfull. As long as the person using that style is elite in it and athletic then they can win. Not to say that some forms are not better for mma than others (bjj, folkstyle wrestling, muai thai,) but take the worlds best in any form coupled with athletcism and ability to get hit and not retreat and you will win fights.

Wow did this get off topic. But I can tell you that Troy Price is legit and would murder all the trolls on here.

And while I don't think Judo is necessarily better than BJJ, I do believe that it would enjoy much more success than it has in mma if they actually wore clothes. Besides, who you gonna find walking down the street semi-nude?

Wow did this get off topic. But I can tell you that Troy Price is legit and would murder all the trolls on here.

And while I don't think Judo is necessarily better than BJJ, I do believe that it would enjoy much more success than it has in mma if they actually wore clothes. Besides, who you gonna find walking down the street semi-nude?

You're gonna find brahs. Nogi bro is the wave of the future.

website_photo_album-4.jpg

wp_photo-1.jpg

wp-8.jpg

wp_photo-4a.jpg

troy___chris_shoto_strike-1a.jpg

WTF is "bu-jutsu"?

Those pictures look like he photoshopped himself into them.

If I was looking for purely self defense and was a former Wrestler (I am actually a former Wrestler), I'd look into MT or some striking art with some sort of submission grappling on the side.

yeah, sure... I bet on da streez he will murder all MMA fighters right???? Shogun Rua wont even last 30 secs standing with him...

Last edited:
yeah, sure... I bet on da streez he will murder all MMA fighters right???? Shogun Rua wont even last 30 secs standing with him...

And im the troll right?

No one said or implied that. Stfu. I'm trying to get legit info here.

If I was looking for purely self defense and was a former Wrestler (I am actually a former Wrestler), I'd look into MT or some striking art with some sort of submission grappling on the side.

MT interest me. But I did boxing for 9 months or so and hated it. I'm short 5'7 and short arms and slow hands ha. I prefer close quarters ha. I am just God awful when it comes to striking. No natural talent at all.

I read this whole thread and I honestly can't decide who's trolling and who isn't.. good stuff guys.

To the OP: Go take a class, if its fun, stick around.... here's the truth that no one wants to fess up to.. *Whispers* I'll whisper it low so they don't hear. Martial Artists tend not to get into fights.. they certainly don't start them. I don't know what kind of places these people live in, but street fights don't just happen. 99% of street fights start because people go looking for shit and inevitably find it. So if someone starts a fight with you.. 1) probably drunk 2) no training.. they'll be swinging haymakers from the kneecap's and gassing in 30 seconds.

Usually I'd dive in on the Aikido hate but I think I'll let it slide. I'll eventually just create a PDF and post it everytime someone spouts ignorant shit.

In summation.

1) If you enjoy it .. do it
2) self defense is good, but any training is better than no training, and most people with training don't go around starting shit.
3) if your getting into street fights all the time,the best self defence is stop living in such a shitty area.

PS.. Find something with competition to practice, Comps are fun, friendly and a good way to practice what you learn without the risk of being bottled.

I read this whole thread and I honestly can't decide who's trolling and who isn't.. good stuff guys.

To the OP: Go take a class, if its fun, stick around.... here's the truth that no one wants to fess up to.. *Whispers* I'll whisper it low so they don't hear. Martial Artists tend not to get into fights.. they certainly don't start them. I don't know what kind of places these people live in, but street fights don't just happen. 99% of street fights start because people go looking for shit and inevitably find it. So if someone starts a fight with you.. 1) probably drunk 2) no training.. they'll be swinging haymakers from the kneecap's and gassing in 30 seconds.

Usually I'd dive in on the Aikido hate but I think I'll let it slide. I'll eventually just create a PDF and post it everytime someone spouts ignorant shit.

In summation.

1) If you enjoy it .. do it
2) self defense is good, but any training is better than no training, and most people with training don't go around starting shit.
3) if your getting into street fights all the time,the best self defence is stop living in such a shitty area.

PS.. Find something with competition to practice, Comps are fun, friendly and a good way to practice what you learn without the risk of being bottled.

Thanks. I plan to do something with comps once my wrestling days are done. Which will prolly be another year or two. Its getting to where I'm one of the oldest guys at these. At that point I may switch to bjj. Couple solid schools in this area and I'm comfortable rolling around.

Thanks to everyone who contributed useful info. From both sides.

Back