Shoyoroll's Batch 10 *pic*

hi, i have the chance to get an americana or a compadre, which seems to be better?

im hearing a lot of complaints about the compadres comfy-ness, even though white is my preference.

thanks

the compadre comfy-ness is just fine...it's a bjj gi, not silk pajamas. plus, it gives you +5 skill points to your submission techniques.

the compadre comfy-ness is just fine...it's a bjj gi, not silk pajamas. plus, it gives you +5 skill points to your submission techniques.

which is the better gi i guess is my question? or are they just different colours?

hi, i have the chance to get an americana or a compadre, which seems to be better?

im hearing a lot of complaints about the compadres comfy-ness, even though white is my preference.

thanks

Initially I wanted to pick up the Americana because I do not have any royal blue gis but for some reason I think the blue Americana with the red and white is too flashy for me so I'm leaning towards keeping the Compadre. It looks more simple/ mature/ cultured.

I finally received my Compadre and one thing I noticed right away is that the belt loops are going to tear right off. They are barely and very poorly stitched on.

I compared them to the loops on a pair of Vulkan ultra lite pants I had nearby and the difference was night and day.

I finally received my Compadre and one thing I noticed right away is that the belt loops are going to tear right off. They are barely and very poorly stitched on.

I compared them to the loops on a pair of Vulkan ultra lite pants I had nearby and the difference was night and day.

I have like 6 Shoyorolls and so far none of the loops ever ripped off. Just make sure to take the rope out of the loops when you wash it. :)

I have like 6 Shoyorolls and so far none of the loops ever ripped off. Just make sure to take the rope out of the loops when you wash it. :)

Ehhh, I'm not so sure. I gave one a small tug just for curiosities sake and i could have very easily pulled it right off.

Ehhh, I'm not so sure. I gave one a small tug just for curiosities sake and i could have very easily pulled it right off.

for your own piece of mind, i have the compadre, too...the loops are secure and i'm not able to pull them off with a "small tug", i would have to hulk them off.

i would say you have a small defect, it would be fairly easy to reinforce the stitching, or take it to a tailor to do it for you.

hmmmm I own the comp 450, yank, 7th son, golden state and americana. all feature the same belt looks with bungee rope. I have never had any ripping on the loops. and these see very regular use (4 gi training days a week).

Shoyoroll announced Batch 11 on their Facebook page. Now I'm a SYR fan and I don't mind the wait but the thing that upsets me, in this particular situation, is that there are still people who haven't received their Compadres and/or Americanas yet.

"BATCH #11 UPDATE: We just confirmed designs for BATCH #11. Rio Koi by John Smalls x Bear Q. and Tiff by SYR. As we get more info we will be sure to drop it ASAP. They will be at all our dist and on our store. Tune in to our feeds and Budovideos.com feeds."

Shoyoroll announced Batch 11 on their Facebook page. Now I'm a SYR fan and I don't mind the wait but the thing that upsets me, in this particular situation, is that there are still people who haven't received their Compadres and/or Americanas yet.

Yeah, it took awhile for Budovideos to get me my ComPadre. Apparently, there was some kind of shipping confusion with my orders. However, I was very happy that their customer service came through and got me my gi. :)

anyone else' compadre got really scratchy tape around the neck? i keep coming home with all these red marks all around my neck.

if anyone does, any fix?

anyone else' compadre got really scratchy tape around the neck? i keep coming home with all these red marks all around my neck.

if anyone does, any fix?

i hear ya...my hunch is they used a different fabric than the Yank (my only other SYR gi). my Yank wasn't nearly as scratchy...

on a good note, after washing several times and adding fabric softner, the scratchyness eases up.

if anyone does, any fix?

stop getting choked :icon_lol:

haha, i was going to say the same thing about defending your neck.

anybody noticed these issues with their Americana? I just got one and I'm wondering about it.

if anyone does, any fix?

Yes and there is no fix or replacement for it. Shoyoroll offered a 10% discount for the future.

When someone pulls one side of my lapel(standing, no choke involved) it cuts my neck. Such bullshit.

Yes and there is no fix or replacement for it. Shoyoroll offered a 10% discount for the future.

When someone pulls one side of my lapel(standing, no choke involved) it cuts my neck. Such bullshit.

Shoyoroll is mint.

They stated you could remove the taping, but that would just be soo time consuming, not to mention kills some of the resale value if you ever decide to sell

Back