Shoyoroll gi count u want?

Wait, so we gotta pay you upfront right away ? or the deposit you left Budo videos ?

Then wait 2-3 months ?

This looks like some con ?

People do these pre-order sell on eBay all the time for Shoyoroll gi's. I'm surprised the new batch isn't already up on eBay for pre-order price hike.

Dude, if $200 is what's standing between you and making rent - find some other stuff to sell. I think you're going to have a hard time trying to sell a pre-order -- as it'd be pretty easy to scam people with this.

Once you get the gi, sell the damn thing and start a savings account. Use it to prevent future situations like this -- and also to save for cool stuff, like limited edition shoyoroll runs and whatnot.

I get wanting to have cool things - it's normal and totally understandable - but when you are obviously living paycheck to paycheck - what the hell are you going to do if you lose your job?

If it comes to it, go sell some plasma and get some cash that way.

Dude, if $200 is what's standing between you and making rent - find some other stuff to sell. I think you're going to have a hard time trying to sell a pre-order -- as it'd be pretty easy to scam people with this.

Once you get the gi, sell the damn thing and start a savings account. Use it to prevent future situations like this -- and also to save for cool stuff, like limited edition shoyoroll runs and whatnot.

I get wanting to have cool things - it's normal and totally understandable - but when you are obviously living paycheck to paycheck - what the hell are you going to do if you lose your job?

If it comes to it, go sell some plasma and get some cash that way.

Haha nice! :icon_lol:

Seriously I had to learn the hard way too.

don't know why i even bothered.

i don't have savings because im not the smartest with money and im a full time student who works part time (blew all my money paying the bills by myself for the last 4 months). Me and my Gf had an agreement, which long story short ended up in me paying 1k in bills every month for 4 months in a row and then she would pay this months bills.

i thought the price was fair considering what they go for on ebay but i guess that isn't fair if im asking a favor. so i will sell for exactly what i have in it after tax was

$171

and you cant just go and buy this gi again so its not like im trying to rip people
off.

don't need to be flamed for how i manage my life, if you are interested then fine if not cool. just trying to avoid asking my parents

people will pay anything for sex

cancel your order, get your money back, problem solved... wow.

The Shoyoroll hype will one day come to an end and these ebayers are going to be sitting at home with a stack of Gi's that no one wants for more than $150.

Go sell some other shit and stop buying things you can't afford.

The Shoyoroll hype will one day come to an end and these ebayers are going to be sitting at home with a stack of Gi's that no one wants for more than $150.

The Hype will def fade away just like most clothing brands. They made good decent gis and a shit load of money. I still have mine from about 1.5 years ago and like it. Its just too bad the 2 new models looks like it came in at at 75/25% Good/bad ratio.

I got just 1 thing to say:

THEY'VE BEEN EATING LONG ENUFF NOW STOP BEING GREEDY !! KEEP IT REAL PARTNER AND GIVE TO THE NEEDY !!

I own a SYR Gi and when people ask me about it I tell them not to get one.

The Gi itself is fine, however the means of obtaining one is stupid. I got The Yank because I had to see what the hype was about and no one at my gym had one.

I get positive feedback all the time because no one else has a navy Gi.

It's a nice Gi, but I have Mundial Gi's from Atama that are just as nice and when I order them, they get to my house in 6 days, not 6 MONTHS.

The only way I would even consider another SYR is if I can order a Gi and have it on my doorstep in 2 weeks.

I own a SYR Gi and when people ask me about it I tell them not to get one.

The Gi itself is fine, however the means of obtaining one is stupid. I got The Yank because I had to see what the hype was about and no one at my gym had one.

I get positive feedback all the time because no one else has a navy Gi.

It's a nice Gi, but I have Mundial Gi's from Atama that are just as nice and when I order them, they get to my house in 6 days, not 6 MONTHS.

The only way I would even consider another SYR is if I can order a Gi and have it on my doorstep in 2 weeks.

That totally sums up how I feel about SYR.

James

The Hype will def fade away just like most clothing brands. They made good decent gis and a shit load of money. I still have mine from about 1.5 years ago and like it. Its just too bad the 2 new models looks like it came in at at 75/25% Good/bad ratio.

I got just 1 thing to say:

THEY'VE BEEN EATING LONG ENUFF NOW STOP BEING GREEDY !! KEEP IT REAL PARTNER AND GIVE TO THE NEEDY !!

Haha, You are F--ken Funny dude. Is this DMX ?

hype isn't going to die down anytime soon imo, i remember back when it took them awhile to sell out batch 3 and 4. now it only takes a couple minutes and each batch keeps bringing in more customers.

The point was to sell faster than i could get refunded (about a week) but its all good, i got a extra shift and took care of bidness.

i like the gis, i dun care if it takes 4 months to get i have enough gis to last until then. its not like i paid 400 off of ebay go hate somewhere else

I guess you won.

You bought a gi you can't afford. You have bills that you are struggling to pay. You picked up an extra shift at work and instead of putting the money towards bills or savings you decided to pay for the gi you can't afford.

And he has enough gis to last him til the gi he can't afford gets here. Bravo my friend, bravo, the true American way.

Wow, I am surprised this is still going.

Yall just mad that someone took a risk with his finances and got a SYR and you didn't get one... At least my SYR rashguard should be here this week, in time for the Erik Paulson seminar.

hype isn't going to die down anytime soon imo, i remember back when it took them awhile to sell out batch 3 and 4. now it only takes a couple minutes and each batch keeps bringing in more customers.

It also helps that SYR is rated the #1 gi according to aesopian.com. Any casual person who types in "best bjj gi" in the search engine will pull up that site. I've talked to a few people who say that's how they found out about SYR and ended up making it their first gi purchase.

I guess you won.

You bought a gi you can't afford. You have bills that you are struggling to pay. You picked up an extra shift at work and instead of putting the money towards bills or savings you decided to pay for the gi you can't afford.

i think most people missed the original point. Sure i could get a refund and i would have if i could have gotten the money back before rent was considered "late" but after its considered late it doesn't matter if i pay it now or next month you still get charged extra. It would have taken at least a WEEK to get the money back. I was trying to longshot it by hopping on here to see if i could sell it before.

so if i could have put the extra shift in savings i would have but i needed it to make rent.

so yes, i win

No, I think you don't get it.

You are so close to the edge that you are about to fall off when it comes to your finances -- yet you're keeping the gi that you can't really afford rather than putting the money into savings.

Your life to live - your decisions to make - but getting yourself into good financial habits today will help you immensely down the road.

Living paycheck to paycheck is practically inviting problems to your doorstep. Anything that's outside of the norm becomes an emergency. When you have some savings to fall back on, life is suddenly a lot more mellow, and when you do treat yourself to a nice gi or a new game system, you don't have to stress about having enough money to make rent.

Back