Showtime's Espinoza: Network Planning To Return With Live Boxing In July

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Around minute 19:00 Coker, Bellator’s President says him and Stephen Espinosa will be sharing the “Fight Studio” starting in July, basically on the weekly basis.

yes, def looking forward to more combat sports.

watching ufc last night was long overdue. I cant wait until everything is up and kicking again.

“We’re targeting sometime in July to return,” Espinoza said. “And obviously, we’re spending a tremendous amount of time right now trying to make the environment as safe as possible. Keep in mind, that involves working with PBC as they set up protocols for the fighters and promoters. And it’s also working with our parent company [ViacomCBS], as we set up protocols for our employees and contractors. I think there’s a perception that young, healthy people are not affected. Number one, that’s not true for this particular virus.

“But more importantly, the vast majority of individuals probably have someone very close to them who is high risk. Whether it’s a grandparent they take care of, or a spouse or child who might have immune conditions. For someone in my position and the other senior people at Showtime, there’s a heavy responsibility toward asking employees and freelancers to come to an event and wanting to make sure they’re as safe as possible when they return to their families.”

stephen-espinoza_7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back