Showtime VP talks Zuffa & Strikeforce death rumors

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

From what I take from this interview, he seems very vauge about what is going to happen. Like they are in the middle of negotiating if they will let go of SF or not. Overall he sounded like SF would go bye bye.

I have a feeling Strikeforce might be going after Invicta.

Reminds me of Scott Coker's non-committal way of saying everything and nothing at the same time. Don't get me wrong, Dana's "we'll see" and flip-flopping (on WMMA, on Kimbo, on Fedor) is annoying as well, but in a different way than this non-versation.

PLEASE close Strikeforce.

Stop torturing us already.

I wouldn't mind seeing Invicta move onto Showtime, especially if Zuffa bought it.

Cliffs:

Nothing is finalized yet, many stories have been premature
SF probably will end up going, though
Showtime will probably end up continuing to air MMA somehow

Just close strikeforce. Their talent pool can't keep up with shows, especially with this wave of injuries.

Strikeforce going down is somewhat inevitable imo. Monopoly continues.

I have a feeling they will drag it out because Zuffa will try to point the finger at Showtime and vice versa as to why things fell apart. They might even be trying to set something up for a court battle.
Many of the fighters have already suffered from the mess and I really hope they don't suffer any more. Get the event done and start setting these guys up with fights, even if they don't sign them directly to the UFC, start working them onto cards to get these guys some money.

I originally got Showtime the week leading up to their first MMA event. I really like the channel now. I hope they will continue to show MMA in the future.

Back