Showtime gets his brown belt in bjj

Sick, let's hope he doesn't wear it to the fight, lest he get subbed early.

What's wrong with his face lately these days? It's badly swollen. Anyway I've always wondered why MMA fighters bother training on a gi Jones and Macdonald have both never rolled with a gi on before.

It always surprised me to hear Pettis was only a purple belt.

Pettis is now on McGregor's level. He's catching up to the GOAT!

Anyway I've always wondered why MMA fighters bother training on a gi Jones and Macdonald have both never rolled with a gi on before.
Jon_Jones_Faixabranca.jpg

That's badass. Good for him.

wtf, it's only been less than a year and a half since his purple belt promotion

Serious question. Who is Daniel Wanderley, and what has he done in the sport of BJJ?

I'm pretty sure that was a one off presentation at a Gracie Barra, can't remember the full story but Jon doesn't roll with a gi, in fact the only time he rolls period is during the lead up to a fight.

Fucking awesome. Just another tool for the LW GOAT belt.

I'm pretty sure that was a one off presentation at a Gracie Barra, can't remember the full story but Jon doesn't roll with a gi, in fact the only time he rolls period is during the lead up to a fight.
jonjones2.jpg

jonjones3.png

Jon's signed up at Gracie Barra New Mexico after his victory over Vitor.
I can't say with certainty that he continues to train there, but for the Chael fight, Jones has gone on record saying he trained there to be prepared to fight off his back.

pettis has much better bjj than 99% of brazilians. it seems like as they all get their black belt when they get on the plane to america

Well deserved, I'm sure. I always like to see MMA fighters training in the gi.

I've always felt that a belt rank doesn't matter much in cage, it matters more how well it is implemented. Like a guy can be a BB with zero sub wins in MMA or get out positioned all fight with nothing to show for it. Cage belt vs rolling belt.

In that aspect, Pettis is a blackbelt already.

I'm actually surprised..his skill level appears to be up there with black belts.

Might as well just give him his black. MMA fighters get belts like candy. If you aren't winning major BJJ comps, then how do you really know where you stand?

Back