Showtime Boxing’ Claressa Shields-Ivana Habazin, January 10th in Atlantic City

Think we are getting to that grey area with possible serious injury taken from unnecessary punishment... You want to see a fight and guy go out on shield, but not end up collapsing in the back from a head injury...
So rare, though. Like I mentioned in the weight-cutting thread, 2019 was a bad year for us in the sport, but it's still as rare as chicken teeth for that to happen. Overall given the number of bouts that transpire. Just a few high-level/well-witnessed instances last year that I think skews us a bit. Safety first, but let's not go all NFL on our sport. It would take away part of what makes this sport great. Coming back from what looks like sure defeat to turn the tables and stop your opponent. A common occurrence in comparison to tragedies.

This bitch sounds like Chernobyl...
I'm not watching, yet. Left the TV room. I'll watch a bit hoping Shields gets stopped which she likely won't, but a man can dream. I'm done with her unless it's to hate on her after the last incident. Final straw.

Talking about this 30 minute Showtime filler/pacing... I'm here for violence.

<{JustBleed}>
Oh my bad

These shobox events suck....pbc's with actual boxing cards are so much better.

See yall tomorrow night. Early stoppage in that ennis fight.

Not watching the Shields fight?
He said fuck her (Shields). I think he's a no chick fight guy like myself, but I just want to root against Shields. I DVR'd the event, so I may watch the earlier bout you guys said was a good one, but in general it's like WNBA to me.

It's only 1040 on the east coast. I'm finna get even drunker and go out on the town after this.

Chick got that ice cold Fedor look...

He said fuck her (Shields). I think he's a no chick fight guy like myself, but I just want to root against Shields. I DVR'd the event, so I may watch the earlier bout you guys said was a good one, but in general it's like WNBA to me.
Yeah, Shields "I can't believe how awesome I am" attitude has been rubbing me wrong.

Not sure what the hell this even is...

Now I hate her even more.

She is a bellend. Having a belt and going down weight to beat up smaller people. Who even does that

It would be nice if Shields made that jab count a bit more. It's hitting air more than anything. Not a bad rd for her, tho.

Yeah, Shields "I can't believe how awesome I am" attitude has been rubbing me wrong.

How can she rub you the correct way Seano?

Back