Show some respect

Jkaylor

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
"Ehhhh show some respect, I've taught you well."

That was the funniest thing Conor said in the phone conference today. I'll give Connie that for sure

McCricket in a few years time.

95364.gif

So what he is saying is we need to put some respekt up on his name?

What I found odd from what Diaz said, is that he was going to get big money fights regardless.

There's nothing wrong with believing that, but I'd like to hear his logic on how that would come about - giving that he was taking mini sabbaticals shortly after the Thomson fight, or thereabouts.

Huge Conor fan here, but also a huge fan of the Diaz brothers, so there's that.

I was rooting for Conor the first fight, to continue a sweet hot streak of one of the best and exciting fighters to burst on the scene for a while, but he got finished hard.

Even Conor nuthuggers should know that shit talking doesn't outweigh that. Wait until after the fight, if he wins, to talk shit.

The ball is in nate's court until the fight.

What I found odd from what Diaz said, is that he was going to get big money fights regardless.

There's nothing wrong with believing that, but I'd like to hear his logic on how that would come about - giving that he was taking mini sabbaticals shortly after the Thomson fight, or thereabouts.
I found that funny too. "I beat Johnson and I was planning"

Planning on what exactly? Sooking like Nick and waiting for money fights. That'll work when you agree to a 20/20k contract

You are a bit desilusional if you think Conor is going where you think he'll go
Of course he'll trash talk like nothing happened because its the only way to do
He wont show up like "ok I've been humbled blablabla"
All kings lose some battles, they dont abdicate because shit happens
And tbh I think Nate takes the same way that lead Conor to a crash in the first fight (tv show, too much interview, too much celebrity shit)

Huge Conor fan here, but also a huge fan of the Diaz brothers, so there's that.

I was rooting for Conor the first fight, to continue a sweet hot streak of one of the best and exciting fighters to burst on the scene for a while, but he got finished hard.

Even Conor nuthuggers should know that shit talking doesn't outweigh that. Wait until after the fight, if he wins, to talk shit.

The ball is in nate's court until the fight.
Pretty much spot on. Same as you dude but I like Conor more than the Diaz bros so that's why like you say I'm waiting for after the fight haha I'm being quiet for now.

I found that funny too. "I beat Johnson and I was planning"

Planning on what exactly? Sooking like Nick and waiting for money fights. That'll work when you agree to a 20/20k contract

Yeah, after 10 years in the UFC he finally had figured out a way to get big money fights. You have to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

I think he's being honest when he says Conor came in and copied his template. But Conor has the advantage of speaking well, being confident and he has that following like GSP did with Canadians and then there's the American fan base.

By Diaz' own admission, he didn't like doing media, not really a good talker/promoter and he does have a solid fan base - which mysteriously increased after the fight with Conor - but he's not a PPV headliner without Conor.

If Conor wins the rematch, the conspiracy theories will ramp up that Diaz lost on purpose so there'd be a rubber match. If Diaz wins, he'll probably get a title shot against Alvarez/Nurmagomedov. I think the best he can hope for is a fight with Alvarez after their bickering and Alvarez beating Melendez, but realistically, as far as how well a PPV would do between them two, I don't think it'll do well or close to what 196 did and probably what 202 will do.

Once he was linked with fighting Conor at 189, he probably knew that somewhere down the line they'd fight. Just so happens it came a lot quicker than expected.

Back