Show 'em Your "O" Face - The Oly Lifts Thread

Yeah, you know why?

Because he is Ilya fucking Ilyin and we are not.

No I hadn't. Thanks for the Link.

Ilya thinks he can put another 12 - 16kg on the C&J?! Mother of God....

I think llya has his work cut out for him for the olympics in Rio, if a healthy Nurudinov comes to the scene next year. He can easily snatch 200, judging by how easy he made 193 look. Possibly even get a snatch world record, his short lived world record of 239 looked very easy as well. Which leads me to believe he can probably pull a 245 out of his ass. Assuming all works well for him, you are looking at Nuru getting a 438 total or more like a possible 445. We don't know, and his camp is keeping quiet.

That being said that could push llya to do a 255kg clean and jerk which i believe he can do, as he lives for those moments and has great mental fortitude.

Just saw this on the fb feed....amazing

Yeah, and guys like Nat and Gregor (Hookgrip and All Things Gym) are some of the great unsung heros of weightlifting. They often travel on their own dime to competitions and provide a ton of quality pics and videos, as well as articles, about the sport.

Frank Rothwell has a great youtube channel, with many historical weightlifting videos.

Back