Shouldn't this have been an all-women season?

bambaladam

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am beginning to think they should have done this as an all-women season. So many characters among the women (for better and worse!), and so many forgettable guys... Maybe I am just being sucked in by the novelty but I think it's refreshing to see people on tuf who aren't acting like 13-year old boys (coaching staff is pulling their weight in that regard though).

I think they could have done an all-girls season and it would have been even better. I hope they do when they open up a new women's weight class (125 would be good, a bunch of these girls should really be fighting at 125 anyway).

Perhaps finding 32 high quality female 135ers would be have been too tough a challenge?!

Also I think having both sexes creates an interesting dynamic that we haven't seen on TUF before. I'm into this format, but judging from the ratings not everyone shares my feeling

Perhaps finding 32 high quality female 135ers would be have been too tough a challenge?!

Also I think having both sexes creates an interesting dynamic that we haven't seen on TUF before. I'm into this format, but judging from the ratings not everyone shares my feeling

I am beginning to think they should have done this as an all-women season. So many characters among the women (for better and worse!), and so many forgettable guys... Maybe I am just being sucked in by the novelty but I think it's refreshing to see people on tuf who aren't acting like 13-year old boys (coaching staff is pulling their weight in that regard though).

I think they could have done an all-girls season and it would have been even better. I hope they do when they open up a new women's weight class (125 would be good, a bunch of these girls should really be fighting at 125 anyway).

Ya I think the ratings more have to do with the channel Fox Sports 1. I love this season of TUF and like that men and women dynamic. Gives the best of both worlds and helps the girls training with harder partners instead of women(I know the trainers but still not enough) . I wanted to watch it live last night in my room(because my big screen in my living room is the only one that has the digital box) but my basic cable does not have it. Having it on spike, it was able to watched on a whole lot more TVs. They would have gotten my rating but instead I watched online next day. Not everyone has that channel or can even find it so makes it difficult. It should go on FX or FOX IMO for the ratings or wait and see if FS1 takes off but I don't see FS1 becoming popular and just another gimmick channel that dies out later or just has random shows like nascar on it.

Hey, they did the heavyweight season.

Also I think having both sexes creates an interesting dynamic that we haven't seen on TUF before.

Maybe, it's all counterfactual anyway, I don't know what the dynamic would have been if it was all females.

Let me restate my question: Do you agree this season will produce several female MMA stars, and 1 male one at the absolute most (and that even one male star is unlikely)?

The house is kinda interesting but I can't stand watching the fights. Ugly affairs.

^No. You might get a couple new females in the UFC but I have not seen any potential stars.

No, instead they're acting like 13 year old girls. The drama from the women will always be much higher, so I suspect that is why you find the guys this season "forgettable". Seems to me you like the drama. BTW Ronda has been the driver of the coach drama, but I'll grant you her coach is nuts too.

The house is kinda interesting but I can't stand watching the fights. Ugly affairs.^No. You might get a couple new females in the UFC but I have not seen any potential stars.

Just Jessamyn, but even she got KTFO in her last fight (although it was overturned to a no contest). I'll bet the UFC has already decided on the three girls they're going to sign off this cast, and they're the ones that were guests of Dana White at the Mayweather fight.

Back