Opinion Shouldn't the education system produce young adults that are ideal for society?

lol @ the TDS in this post. The worst kind of human??? There are murderers, serial rapists, isis members, pedophiles.....but yeah Trump is the worst lol.

I am talking outside the obvious outliers man.

Its OK if you cant see it man.

sorry but I’m not blinded by irrational hate. There is no evidence of anything you said in regards to home being “the worst kind of human”. There are far worse types of people on the planet than Trump.

sorry but I’m not blinded by irrational hate. There is no evidence of anything you said in regards to home being “the worst kind of human”. There are far worse types of people on the planet than Trump.

It really is ok with me if you don't see it. I'm only trying to reach those who can see it but are still supporting him.

It really is ok with me if you don't see it. I'm only trying to reach those who can see it but are still supporting him.

show me evidence that he would duck peoples wives, defraud them and do all that other stuff you claim....you can’t because you’re just making stuff up based on your own hate and ignorance. You are a typical leftist who dosent know a thing about what they are talking about. If anybody can’t see what’s really going on it’s you.

you are literally posting your fantasies about what Trump would do if he wasn’t rich??? Is this a joke?? THIS is TDS folks, right here!!!

show me evidence that he would duck peoples wives, defraud them and do all that other stuff you claim....you can’t because you’re just making stuff up based on your own hate and ignorance. You are a typical leftist who dosent know a thing about what they are talking about. If anybody can’t see what’s really going on it’s you.

you are literally posting your fantasies about what Trump would do if he wasn’t rich??? Is this a joke?? THIS is TDS folks, right here!!!

I wasn't talking to you. I felt I was having a meaningful moment with another poster with whom I always disagree, a Trump supporter. He is the one that can see and admit what Trump is and I spoke in a manner befitting that degree of honesty and insight.

I would take a different tack with you IF I were interested in speaking with you.

I wasn't talking to you. I felt I was having a meaningful moment with another poster with whom I always disagree, a Trump supporter. He is the one that can see and admit what Trump is and I spoke in a manner befitting that degree of honesty and insight.

I would take a different tack with you IF I were interested in speaking with you.

it dosent matter if you were taking to me, it’s a public conversation. If you don’t want to hear replies from anybody but one person then do it in PMs.

it dosent matter if you were taking to me, it’s a public conversation. If you don’t want to hear replies from anybody but one person then do it in PMs.

I don't mind you replying at all. I'm just informing you of the situation as it stands.

I don't mind you replying at all. I'm just informing you of the situation as it stands.

there is no “situation as it stands”. I don’t care if you don’t want to hear what I have to say, you don’t have the right to care when you post in a public forum.

there is no “situation as it stands”. I don’t care if you don’t want to hear what I have to say, you don’t have the right to care when you post in a public forum.

I told you I don't mind what you have to say. I just don't find it interesting is all.

I told you I don't mind what you have to say. I just don't find it interesting is all.

you know what’s not interesting??? Made up fantasies about hypothetical Trump situations blah blah he’d fuck your wife and lie to you and defraud you....this is pure conjecture made up in your own mind. It’s hilarious, pathetic and wreaks of desperation mixed with TDS.

Always nice when people who are clearly uneducated shit on education lol. I´m guessing the "articles" TS has read were either from Voiceofeurope or infowars. His usual "quality" sources.

For example, as a programmer with 2 years of experience, I would make ~$100K in the USA. I would make maybe $60K in Sweden. My tax rate would be about 2/3 - 1/2 of what it would be in Sweden and the cost of living would also be cut in half. $60K would also be nearing the top of my earning potential. In the USA, adding on more years of experience would keep taking me up to ~$200K. Higher wages, more opportunities, lower taxes, lower cost of living.

60k as max potential for a programmer wtf??? Not even close. With 2 years experience (assuming you are any good) you can easily get 80k - 100k or more. The best university degrees in computers/programming will get you 100k+ starting salary.. The cost of living would depend greatly on where you lived (as would your salary). In Sweden you also wouldn´t have nearly the same expenses for healthcare or putting your kids through great schools/universities. You would also most likely have far better worker rights in Sweden (amount of paid vacation, maternity leave, retirement plan etc etc)..

I went to one of the best high schools in the country, made good grades, was very good at math -- perfect math SAT score. So I was in the top .1% of 18 year olds. Yet when I graduated, I didn't even know what an interest rate was. So I was like bottom .1% in actual life math skills compared to the general population. I could have been taken advantage of, scammed, and had my life ruined by anyone. And then I have lenders offering me hundreds of thousands of dollars of government guaranteed student loans that I can't declare bankruptcy on for the rest of my life? What the fuck??
<DontBelieve1>

The education system is not supposed to be an indoctrination system for any political / religious beliefs. It's supposed to be a solid education to get young people on the path to learning to use their brain. It's not supposed to make people "ideal for society" or anything of that nature. That job belongs to the parents, family, and community of the child.

Yeah those useless fuckers trying to improve their society instead of just accepting the past.

Almost nobody in this country has it worse than their grandparents, yet somehow they all seem to think they do.

Probably largely due to people who didn't want to fit in and instead wanted to make the world a better place.

Ok well the part where I didn't know what an interest rate was is true
Then your teachers might be to blame, but that isn't because interest rates aren't traditionally covered in math. I'm not a huge fan of Common Core, but:
Modeling savings account balance, bacterial colony growth, or investment growth.
It certainly isn't impossible that a kid graduates high school without running into that, but I graduated in 2001 and saw interest rate problems in multiple courses.

Then your teachers might be to blame, but that isn't because interest rates aren't traditionally covered in math. I'm not a huge fan of Common Core, but:

It certainly isn't impossible that a kid graduates high school without running into that, but I graduated in 2001 and saw interest rate problems in multiple courses.
Well I did go to a good high school and made it through calculus. Of course I could calculate an interest rate if someone told me what it was but never once did we learn the word interest rate. So if I were reading a contract and it said 6% interest, 12 years of the best public school education in the country would have failed me. Basic things like that, supply, demand, how to read a balance sheet, how to file your income taxes.. these are things that anyone with a good education could pick up very quickly; but they never took the 5 minutes in 12 years to explicitly teach it.

Back