Shouldn't it be a technical draw or no?

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If a foul is committed late in the fight like this fight, isn't it different than a DQ or is that only if it's less egregious than a knee to a downed opponent?

If an accidental foul causes an injury severe enough for the referee to stop the bout after ½ of the scheduled rounds, plus one (1) second of the fight has been completed, the bout will result in a TECHNICAL DECISION awarded to the fighter who is ahead on the score cards at the time the bout is stopped.

An accidental foul is an eye poke or a groin shot. Kneeing a guy in the head while he is down isn't accidental.

If a foul is committed late in the fight like this fight, isn't it different than a DQ or is that only if it's less egregious than a knee to a downed opponent?
Guy above (Fitch) nailed it but too be honest in 20+ years of watching MMA I can't recall a single time the Technical decision rule was actually applied.

I think asking him if he WANTED to continue was silly. Should have assessed if he COULD continue. He could. And the destruction would have been completed satisfactorily and the JBG would be appeased.

Now as penance we will lose Ferguson Kabib.

Guy above (Fitch) nailed it but too be honest in 20+ years of watching MMA I can't recall a single time the Technical decision rule was actually applied.
Bisping vs Belcher is the only one that comes to mind

Weird rules. The ref should have stopped the fight, let Diego complain a little and have them saying like let's do a rematch bro. Maybe like that time when happened earlier tonight lol

It’s either a dq or a no contest. It’s up the ref. I’ve seen it go both ways.

Bisping vs Belcher is the only one that comes to mind
Oh really, I only recall that fight being Bispings "coming out party" of sorts since the majority thought Belcher was the next big thing and would walk threw a Bisping that spent a career being drastically under rated and disrespected.

I remember Bisping clearly winning the fight but can't recall how it ended, what happened if you don't mind refreshing an old mans failing memory? Haha

Oh really, I only recall that fight being Bispings "coming out party" of sorts since the majority thought Belcher was the next big thing and would walk threw a Bisping that spent a career being drastically under rated and disrespected.

I remember Bisping clearly winning the fight but can't recall how it ended, what happened if you don't mind refreshing an old mans failing memory? Haha
I want to say Belcher poked Bisping in the eye with just a couple minutes left in the fight and Bisping got the win. I only remember it because Bisping later had eye problems, and I thought they might be related to that fight, although I don’t know if that’s true or not.

I want to say Belcher poked Bisping in the eye with just a couple minutes left in the fight and Bisping got the win. I only remember it because Bisping later had eye problems, and I thought they might be related to that fight, although I don’t know if that’s true or not.
Cool, thanks.

It probably didn't help but as far as eye know (see what I did there, lol) the injury stems from Vitor detaching his retina with that wheel kick.

Wow, backwards man. Bisping poked Belcher a couple times and the final time was pretty damn bad. Belcher couldn't continue and it went to a technical decision. I only saw it once but I know Bisping eye poked him at least twice. Might've been 3 times over the course of the fight

Wow, backwards man. Bisping poked Belcher a couple times and the final time was pretty damn bad. Belcher couldn't continue and it went to a technical decision. I only saw it once but I know Bisping eye poked him at least twice. Might've been 3 times over the course of the fight
Ah, my bad, been a minute since I’ve seen it. I just remember it had to do with eye pokes and Bisping won

The fight was stopped at 4:29 of round 3 as Bisping inadvertently poked Belcher in the eye, rendering Belcher unable to continue. Bisping won the bout via unanimous technical decision.[65]

Back