Shoulder strikes by coach Kavanagh

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Hirashin, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hirashin

Hirashin World class striking

why don't you follow him on instagram, put a poster of his on your bedroom wall, make a conor tattoo on ya neck. after all that's what grown man do.

2. RoJo303

RoJo303 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Khabib's defensive IQ is tremendous and Conor likely will not be given the chance. He was able to generate power because he was 1)fresh and 2) in the center of the octagon. Khabib shoots low at first and works you into the cage to nullify all your leverage, It's brilliant to watch him fight when you realize every part pf his body is in a certain place for a certain reason. For these reasons, I also think Tony will have 0 success with mounting any offense from the bottom, as Khabib does not make mistakes. Heck, Conor has even KO'd guys that misplaced their heads from the clinch, but Khabib has been doing this stuff since he was 4 and all bad habits drilled out.

Still, it shows me Conor has been thinking about these things and drilling them long enough so it is muscle memory. IMO, the best way to beat Khabib is to treat him like a hot potato and avoid contact at all cost, keep him on the outside and box him. Seems tome the avg consensus is you either love or hate Conor or Khabib but Im a fan of both, think both are at the top of their particular crafts of grappling ad striking. Im down for a rematch anytime, could watch them all day like Dom vs TJ orDC vs Jones.

MescalineDreams likes this.
  3. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Gold Belt

I dont idolize humans. Been around this game too long for that.

But real recognize real and I give respect where it's due

That's about it. I'm not emotionally invested and I dont care about anyone enough to distort reality and facts to support a biased narrative. Cant say the same about most of you.

Beyond that, the pure entertainment value posting about Conor brings is hilarious. The reactions are always pure comedy

{<Mcgoat}

4. louiscyphere

louiscyphere Green Belt

Conor bless

5. Hirashin

oh, so you are real now.
    and conor is real too? sucker punching ftw! as real as it gets.

I like both habib and tony and I think tony will win.

6. MescalineDreams

Goes without saying

And I see things.

All celebs are real. Doesnt mean they're perfect humans, especially in a world where every little thing they do is highlighted for the world to see.

I view those with star power like that to be very complex, tremendous talent, knowledge, next level confidence, social status, in a world full of vices, traps, pitfalls, drugs, everything necessary to bring out the darker side of human nature.

Theres a reason why so many public figures end up on downward spirals or end up losing their shit. Average people couldn't handle 2% of the pressure they deal with. Its very easy to judge from the sidelines but these things are never that simple.

Most are shallow and dont put much thought into people before making their minds up about who they are. Which doesnt work on average people, certainly not complex enigmas that are stars in their respective fields

7. RoJo303

I hope you are right, bro. Id really like Tony to win. Heart says Tony head says Khabib tho. If he does win, I can see a whacky KO out of nowhere or some Andy x Chris event happening (big fights always invite wackiness), possibly a d'arce on a shot after Khabib starts tiring or Tony taking over after Khabib tires. I've been watching his past fights to get a clue for how it may play out, been going over the Castillo, Lee and RDA fights. Common sense dictated Colby would lose early rounds and win late vs Usman and the opposite happened to what we would think - maybe it happens here too?

8. RoJo303

This is true.

Give any 25 year old on welfare 100 million dollars and ewotldwdie fame status and watch what happens. The only other person I can really compare Conor to in that way within combat sports is Tyson, and he went off the rails worse than Conor. Even May, who took way longer to achieve high success, ended up in jail and blowing hundreds of millions. I really hope he got over his issues and learned to live the meager humble life style. Money can only buy smooch before you realize it is all stuff that really does not matter.

elwani and MescalineDreams like this.
  9. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?

he also said that Gunni does them, but they are not as vicious as the ones that Conor threw in the fight, because he isnt trying to injure his training partners.

if you think he's never practised them before you are an idiot

10. MescalineDreams

Hollywood is littered with stars who've gone off the rails.

It's another level of pressure. Full of fakes, leeches, every drug imaginable, women, no privacy and more.

It's way too easy for people to just talk from their homes. But ultimately its just pure ignorance.

Not that they shouldn't necessarily be condemned for their misdeeds but it's a complicated life. Most arent putting that much thought into anything though

No different than their mma analysis. Shallow thinking

11. RoJo303

Rogan was talking the other day about how celebrity and fame is now something that you don't want. There used to be a time being famous meant good things, but now it just means you live under scrutiny, immense pressure, temptation and the public thinks you are the enemy. Ricky Gervais got up on stage and basically told them no one cares, keep your opinions to yourself, which is a far cry from the olden days when celebrity had power and influence, werent jokes.

No doubt Conor found out it is a double edged sword. Call someone "boy" and be put on some hate crime list. Yeeesh.

MescalineDreams likes this.
  12. Hirashin

what pressure? nobody forced him to do all the sheet he did. its his own doing.

13. Hirashin

the trick is to tire habib out and tko him
    but dustin showed us its possible to tko him without tiring him too. dustin came so close to a finish.

14. MescalineDreams

What pressure do stars face?

That's something you're gonna need to ponder over.

15. MescalineDreams

You need to put more thought into these things dude