Shoulder scar tissue

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Torak, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Torak

Torak Orange Belt

I have probably scar tissue in my shoulder because my MRI results were completely fine but I still felt small pain while doing certain movements. I dont know if its muscle or ligament. Its getting better and better over time. But my question is this:
    How can I get rid of this car tissue and make my shoulder 100 % healthy and be in a peak form as before?
    I just started weighlifting recently again and I do pulldowns and db rows + pushups in between these exercises. I weightlift 2 times a week and 3 times a week I do box at home (I try to make the shoulder get used to punches again, so I can comeback to boxing).
    Im afraid to do any kind of pressing with weights. The only pressing I do is pushups.
    Do you think my boxing counts as working out the shoulders, therefore I dont have to work them out in the gym as much?? Do you think I should do other pressing exercises? How fast do you think I should progress with those exercises? For example incline bench or flat bench, db or barbell??
    Honestly, I thought about doing only bodyweight pressing for at least half year, do you think it would be ok with combination with PULL exercises in gym + boxing?

I know these questions can be quite individual, but Im interested in hearing your opinion, your experience with scar tissue in shoulder, or getting back to training after shoulder damage in general. Thank you!