Shoulder injury

T

talking.dingo

Yesterday I tweaked my left shoulder in Judo practice. Now, when I pull, or lift, or grab someone, something heavy the front/inside part of my shoulder rings the alarm bells like I have never felt before.

What could I have done? I have been using blue goo and coldpacks for relief. I hope it is just a sprain but the 'sensation' is unlike I have felt in other sprains (groin, calves, forearms, thoracic back. shoulder blades.)

any takers, kindly welcome.

Dingo

I'm nursing the same thing, GO SEE A DOC !! you may have torn somthing. Hopefully not but get it checked out just in case.

Get it checked by a doctor, shoulder injuries suck i injured both of mine a tjudo a week and a half ago and they are still useless.

I hurt my shoulder 7 years ago and it kept dislocating. The Dr. wanted to operate but I wanted to work thru it and let it heel. I was out for almost 3.5 years because everytime I thought it was alright I would go train and hurt it all over again. Now I just take it easy on my shoulder and tap when I have to. I wish I would of just taken the Dr.'s advice in the first place. Neck, back, shoulder and knee injuries need to be looked at by Dr.'s and it's better to take the 3-6 months to fix and recover then to work thru it and have it screw you for the rest of your life.

www.SSFgear.com

talking.dingo said:
Yesterday I tweaked my left shoulder in Judo practice. Now, when I pull, or lift, or grab someone, something heavy the front/inside part of my shoulder rings the alarm bells like I have never felt before.

What could I have done? I have been using blue goo and coldpacks for relief. I hope it is just a sprain but the 'sensation' is unlike I have felt in other sprains (groin, calves, forearms, thoracic back. shoulder blades.)

any takers, kindly welcome.

Dingo

Rest it up and ask the doctor for an MRI if you're worried and they can't determine what it is from an exam alone. There are so many things that it could be that I won't even list them all because that'll freak you out, if you're a hypochondriac like me. lol

I hope your shoulder feels better! :D

Back