Shoulda Called Schaub

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Lyoto Cerrone, May 31, 2014.

1. Lyoto Cerrone

Lyoto Cerrone Orange Belt

Schaub just said on Joe Rogan's fight companion podcast that he was never offered the fight with Stipe but he was all ready to go. Even his questionable chin would've been better than that freakshow.

2. They wanted a Brazilian for the main event. Schaub is not a Brazilian, but everyone knows that so for me to point it out is rather uneccesary. But I agree immensely. Miocic vs Schaub would have been a fair fight. This fight should have never happened, I doubt that NSAC would not have allowed this fight.

3. Gigaton Punch

Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

The UFC thinks that Brazilians only care about seeing Brazilians so they went with the only Brazilian available. Judging by that empty arena they greatly misjudged Maldanado's draw

4. Mutombo55

Mutombo55 White Belt

I'm brazilian and I couldn't agree with you more!

You can also justify the empty seats with the expensive tickets (cheap seats costs around U$180) and an unattractive card.

5. N8dogg

N8dogg Green Belt

Abuschaubi in 2 weeks...

6. Rebel_LioN

Rebel_LioN Silver Belt

Schaub is only interested in fighting old decrypted legends on their way out

7. ILLusive810

ILLusive810 Orange Belt

The difference being, Maldonado asked for the fight and Schaub says "I was ready." I'm sure there's a good chance that if a natural HW called Silva and said, "Put me in coach." He would've got it.

8. Edmond Rousey

Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

Serious question.

Is Brazil the only country requiring a native fighter in every bout?

Brazil has a tremendous history w/ martial arts. What's up with all the polarizing matchmaking - plotting x country against Brazil in every bout on the card?