Should you be a specific rank to learn Berimbolo ?

neverletup**

White Belt
Reaction score
What do you think about learning it, should you be a certain level in BJJ before hand ? are there any techniques you should not try without a specific skill level?

I don't think it's ever to early to be exposed to certain techniques, but I don't think that a white belt should focus on the berimbolo to the exclusion of more basic techniques.

Certainly, there is nothing wrong with blue belts and beyond being exposed to it on a regular basis.

no, i doubt you'll be able to even perform the movement effectively until you have some fundamental concepts and balance down first though

no, i doubt you'll be able to even perform the movement effectively until you have some fundamental concepts and balance down first though

True, just today I was rolling with a new white I tryed going to deep half and he fell right over lol , as Bjj guys I think we take ppls balance for granted sometimes

The berimbolo is like sex. If you have to ask people if you're old enough to do it, you're not old enough yet.

Interesting related question: as the berimbolo becomes the dominant way of playing the DLR, in the future will it start being the first way people are taught to play DLR, rather than the sleeve feeds sweeps and roll under sweeps that used to be de rigeur for beginners learning DLR?

Interesting related question: as the berimbolo becomes the dominant way of playing the DLR, in the future will it start being the first way people are taught to play DLR, rather than the sleeve feeds sweeps and roll under sweeps that used to be de rigeur for beginners learning DLR?

I wouldn't doubt it BJJ is evolving, the techniques are getting so awesome

I'm pretty new to Berimbolo, just started drilling it few days ago , I'm a blue so I haven't been in Bjj game too too long but once I seen it I realized the value right away. Is there a Berimbolo with the highest success rate or are they all kinda the same I've heard there is more than one kind/ variation

yes, it will

i already show the back take first, then the tomoe nage sweep, then berimbolo when ppl ask about DLR

I'm pretty new to Berimbolo, just started drilling it few days ago , I'm a blue so I haven't been in Bjj game too too long but once I seen it I realized the value right away. Is there a Berimbolo with the highest success rate or are they all kinda the same I've heard there is more than one kind/ variation

there are some variations to it but ppl have started calling all kinds of rolling back-takes berimbolo i have noticed

The berimbolo is like sex. If you have to ask people if you're old enough to do it, you're not old enough yet.

If there is grass on the wicket you play cricket

What do you think about learning it, should you be a certain level in BJJ before hand ? are there any techniques you should not try without a specific skill level?

Nope but it will easier to do once you understand de la riva

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

The Berimbolo is cancer.

Lol.

I don't like the fandom of the move but I think people should rock whatever move they want at any level they want and just deal with the consequences. Good techniques will rise to the top if the rules of the game are good.

The Berimbolo is cancer.

Can you please explain why the berimbolo movement has no relevance outside sport BJJ? I see people (including you) whining about this all the time, but I have yet to hear the argument for why inverting from DLR doesn't give powerful leverage in a real fight, or how 'top berimbolo' is such an awesome and stable position from which to deliver strikes ...

Back