Should Yoel Romero's latest victory be ruled a NC?

No, he has beaten every drug test he was required to. The one done by the usada is not a relevent one.

No it should be recorded as a UD and Romero gets his No1 Contender spot back and gets a title fight against Rockgold.

These paper thin allegations about him failing a out of competition test is nothing more than a witch hunt due to racism.

If he was actually guilty then he would have been suspended already but he hasn't which means the tests were botched but since government agencies don't admit mistakes its just easier for them to kill a black man's career.

Yoel Romero is innocent and justice will prevail.
I agree, he is big and black so people especially on here thought he was cheating

No it should be recorded as a UD and Romero gets his No1 Contender spot back and gets a title fight against Rockgold.

These paper thin allegations about him failing a out of competition test is nothing more than a witch hunt due to racism.

If he was actually guilty then he would have been suspended already but he hasn't which means the tests were botched but since government agencies don't admit mistakes its just easier for them to kill a black man's career.

Yoel Romero is innocent and justice will prevail.
I'm not sure if you are trolling or not, but Yoel Romero is not in trouble because of his skin color. If UFC was truly out to get the "black man" than Anderson Silva wouldn't have been the middleweight champion for as long as he was.

Isn't it a random test he failed? So technically it had nothing to do with the Souza fight, it was just USADA trying to catch him out.

Yeah, but you will always have people argue that he still got some sort of advantage out of it,like ts who is calling for a NC.

If you just call it a NC and have a rematch, everyone should be happy.

HastyLawfulArmyant
No. GTFO.

Lets not act like romero didnt win this, he left jacare staggered to the point were he couldn't stand up and walk to his corner, then he was falling off his stool.
Jacare got saved by the bell in the very definition, jacare failed to replicate the same threat in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I think a draw is fine, but giving it to jacare after that significant event that happen in that fight where a made up bell rings to save this man from consciousness..

To the original post.
No it should remain and it will.
He wasnt on anything on fight night of leading up to the fight.
He was allegedly caught for sarm ibutamoren it aids in recovery and is legal federally.
It has no effect to how he peformed on fight night

Romero really should've been deducted a point for his blatant fence grab that save him from being on the bottom in the 2nd imo. Too often is Romero's cheating just glossed over.

I scored it a draw though ftr.

There's a good argument that it shouldn't have been a win for Romero in the first place, many scored it a draw..

10-8 Romero
10-9 Jacare
10-9 Jacare

Others that are more conservative with scoring 10-8s even scored it a 29-28 Jacare win.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6691/Yoel-Romero-vs-Ronaldo-Souza
There is no way to justify a Souza win unless you give him the same credit for rd 2 as Yoel got for 1. Souza was helped back to his corner after the first round, where he was run over.

In round 2 nothing happened, Souza landed 1 more strike than Yoel, 7-6 overall.

Jacare didn't seem better anywhere or at anything other than cardio.

Romero really should've been deducted a point for his blatant fence grab that save him from being on the bottom in the 2nd imo. Too often is Romero's cheating just glossed over.

I scored it a draw though ftr.
When has a fence grab ever made a point be deducted?
Jon jones dc, jon grabbed the fence mid air and it caused dc to lose position.
Romero gained nothing from holding the fence theres no proof that he wouldnt have reversed the td regardless. They stood them back up.
Jacare failed to impose his will.

Yeah I'm with ya on that. I was baffled by the decision personally, expecting the later two rounds to go to Jacare, the second should have been a 10-8 for Jacare with the fence grab cheat. Romero is a despicable person and a perennial cheat IMO.
Lmao.

We have ex felons, wife/girlfriend beaters, people driving cars intoxicated into pregnant women and people who cheat way worse in fights with eye gouges etc, but Sherdog wants to crucify Yoel for grabbing a fence, which like 5 other fighter did that night.

No because he beat that ass and didnt fail any test during or after the fight.

It should be a loss for Romero. Not because of PEDs or anything,simply because he lost the fight.

What really shocks me is,not only they didn't take a point from Romero for a blatant fence grab,but also scored the round for Romero where Jacare landed more and cleaner shots. Only way the judges thought Romero won that round is by that takedown...

Which happened right after the fence grab! Lmao

Romero gained nothing from holding the fence theres no proof that he wouldnt have reversed the td regardless. They stood them back up.

Yoel must be stopped! Wahhhhhh!!!
[QUO
1sMUOfO.gif

320.gif

Tito/Rashad point deduction for a cage grab(even with Shad securing the TD anyhow). It's what made it a draw. There are other examples but that comes to mind first.

Jones had his arm outside the cage and quickly put it back in, it had no effect on the slam as there was no grab. There really isn't a parallel there. The leniency with cage grabs is a long standing issue in MMA. Many believe that it should be punished more harshly. Then again with the things Romero has gotten away with(like above), it's not likely he'll ever lose a point.

320.gif

Tito/Rashad point deduction for a cage grab(even with Shad securing the TD anyhow). It's what made it a draw. There are other examples but that comes to mind first.

Jones had his arm outside the cage and quickly put it back in, it had no effect on the slam as there was no grab. There really isn't a parallel there. The leniency with cage grabs is a long standing issue in MMA. Many believe that it should be punished more harshly. Then again with the things Romero has gotten away with(like above), it's not likely he'll ever lose a point.
That was a body shot that Brunson deflected into his groin with his elbow.

When have people NOT gotten away with accidental or even possibly intentional low blows?
Further, what effect did that haveon that fight? None. Brunson was fine, action started right away, and Brunson did well until the 3rd. So what did Yoel " get away with?"

Then again with the things Romero has gotten away with(like above), it's not likely he'll ever lose a point.
That's actually a legal strike since he targeted a legal area and Brunson caused it to go low.

Romero is just as much of a cheater as Tito or Jon Jones or anyone else in terms of his "cheating"

Jon Jones eye-pokes people very often, honestly I don't think it's intentional and therefore I don't see him as a cheater.

Tito grabbed the fence several times in his fight against Evans and had a point taken, this ended up in a Draw because of it. Nobody calls him a cheater.

GSP has Vaseline rubbed all over his back and they've even had to change the rules with cutmen/cornermen etc. but no fine, and very little talk about it. No retrospective DQ or NC etc.

Romero is no worse than any of these guys. The guy does look like he's on roids, but to be honest GSP, Tito, Brock, Anderson, Overeem - the list goes on have probably or in some cases have definitely been on some juice of some sort. You never hear much about these guys, because they talk English and can defend themselves or they are media darlings therefore it gets dismissed or never comes up. All you ever hear is Rogan/Schaub etc. use the "eye-test" to predict that Aldo, RDA, Erick Silva etc. are on the juice and in some cases I can see their point - but are you telling me GSP doesn't look like a Cyborg? or an absolute animal? Just a serious bias here... not saying he is on anything because he was never caught doing so, but where is the consistency with the accusations.

...and to the point of a NC, no!

He failed a random "out of competition" test I believe (I may be wrong). So therefore it's not an "in-fight" test and cannot prove he was on the juice for that fight per se.

Also, there is an investigation going on that he may have taken it unknowingly - which completely absolves him anyway. Whether you believe him or not, if the substance he popped for isn't on the label, he can't be blamed...

He didn't test positive in the pre and post fight testing, why on earth should it be a NC? I do not like Romero in any way and I'm not surprised he has tested positive, but you can't turn a fight into a NC if he did not test positive in the fight.

Back