Should Yair Rodriguez be officially cut from the UFC?

Lol, you guys are creaming when Diaz does the same thing but when Yair does it he should be cut

Why? Conor threw a dolly at a bus, never defended a belt. Jon jones ran over a pregnant woman...they didn't get cut...

Why? Conor threw a dolly at a bus, never defended a belt. Jon jones ran over a pregnant woman...they didn't get cut...

Ya you're right.

Yair's 1 million dollar PPV buys will be missed if the UFC cuts him.

Ya you're right.

Yair's 1 million dollar PPV buys will be missed if the UFC cuts him.

The policy for cutting fighters should all work the same exact fucking way. The fact that money and PC buys plays factor into it is what is wrong with mma and the world in general today.

The policy for cutting fighters should all work the same exact fucking way. The fact that money and PC buys plays factor into it is what is wrong with mma and the world in general today.

OK so you're just talking fantasy world.

I was talking real life shit.

And I actually agree with you, that's how things should work.

But they don't.

He's recently pulled out of his upcoming UFC 228 bout:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/yair-rodriguez-out-of-ufc-228-bout-vs-zabit-magomedsharipov

Do you think Yair should be officially cut from the UFC?

I think so. Before this he was turning down every single fight the UFC was offering him, and now when he's finally forced to accept a fight or risk being cut he pulls out. He's done, send him to Bellator or Japan.

(mods can make a poll)
i think if his injury is legit then he should be given another chance but if he’s faking then the UFC pretty much have to

OK so you're just talking fantasy world.

I was talking real life shit.

And I actually agree with you, that's how things should work.

But they don't.

That real life shit is eventually going to destroy the sport of mma. It's already starting to feel insanely watered down.

He should be dragged to the UFC Tolerance Institute for 6 months of mandatory labour/re-education.

I don't see the problem at this point he isn't doing his job and most places you don't do your job properly or call in sick to many times you usually get let go
Yah, I had to let go a bunch of guys who would call in sick all the time. It is the tell tale sign of someone that does not want it and is no longer motivated. Yair was thinking he would be the next Oscar De La Hoya, then he got smashed and got Ngannou level PTSD.

Sure, when they cut every other fighter who holds out and negotiates for the perfect fights.

If you cut every fighter that pulls out, we'll end up with like 20 fighters at most.

Hell the whole top 5 of the LHW division seemed to pull out of their fights in the spam of like two weeks <36>

He’s injured.

I don’t understand the premise of the debate.

He had better be actually injured and be able to prove it. And I don’t mean he has a bruised thigh or something like actually injured.
If he ripped his scrotum in half, i'll give him a pass, otherwise cut his ass.

Yes. He never wanted to fight Zabit in the first place, he knew his only option was to stub his big toe and pull out of the fight.

So one injury means you should be cut? I know who should be cut - you, from sherdog for posting such drivel.
No. Turning down every fight offer the UFC gives you until they threaten to cut you, and then pulling out of the fight you didn't want in the first place, means you should get cut.

Read and do research before responding like that.

no hes still very young.
fighting in the cage isnt a easy job.

Back