Should Wonderboy be ranked above Lawler?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
I'm talking about legit MMA rankings that include all fighters of any org, not illegitimate UFC ranking where some fighters disappear from the rankings because Dana says so.

Lawler lost his last fight.

Wonderboy finished Hendricks in the 1st round, probably the biggest accomplishment in the WW division since GSP retired.

How can you rank Lawler above Wonderboy, is it only because Lawler was given a belt by Dana?

Other than the belt, what arguments do you have that Lawler is #1 ?

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson #1 WW in the world, Condit #2, Lawler #3.

Last edited:
Where's the 'Good good let the butthurt flow through you' pic with Lawler's face when you need it...

Should've saved it

But seriously,what the hell? Champs are ranked as (C) so I don't see how that is possible

I wonder how the WW picture would look like today if the judges got it right.

I wonder how the WW picture would look like today if the judges got it right.

Not only the judges but also UFC hand pick some of their champs and strip belt from true champs. UFC belts are illegitimate in too many weight classes.

Where's the 'Good good let the butthurt flow through you' pic with Lawler's face when you need it...

Should've saved it

But seriously,what the hell? Champs are ranked as (C) so I don't see how that is possible

I'm talking about MMA ranking, not UFC ranking. There's no (c) in MMA ranking.

Not wanting to argue or debate rankings.
Is there really such a thing as legit MMA rankings (rhetorical)

Not only the judges but also UFC hand pick some of their champs and strip belt from true champs. UFC belts are illegitimate in too many weight classes.

Well,he still beat Hendricks,Rory,Condit. And Thompson beat Hendricks. And guys Lawler beat were ranked higher than Hendricks today.

If Thompson wants to be #1 he should beat the champ

Don't agree with OP in terms of official rankings (the champ is ranked as a champ; can't really do much about that), but I do agree that when a champion retires with the belt, sometimes it takes a while for the dust to settle for someone to establish himself as the legit, undisputed, top dog of the division, belt or no.

And clearly, the dust hasn't yet settled at WW.

Absolutely NOT. Got to beat the champ to be the champ.

Such as?

You're weird.

The match I'd like to see is Thompson and Condit.

TS forgets that Dana does not control UFC rankings. Writers and other 'experts' compile rankings.

And to put a contender over the champ is ridiculous.

Lawler beat Brown.
Brown beat Wonderboy.
Wonderboy beat Hendricks.
Hendricks beat Lawler.
Hendricks beat Brown.
Lawler beat Hendricks.
Wonderboy beat Ellenberger.
Lawler beat Ellenberger.

What a mess.

I'm actually really interested to see what Rory would do with Thompson.

Last edited:
Absolutely NOT. Got to beat the champ to be the champ.

GSP1.jpg

Well this makes no sense.

Robbie lawler is the top ranked guy and champ at WW. If wonderboy can beat him he can take his place. Nothing complicated there.

I'm talking about legit MMA rankings that include all fighters of any org, not illegitimate UFC ranking where some fighters disappear from the rankings because Dana says so.

Lawler lost his last fight.

Wonderboy finished Hendricks in the 1st round, probably the biggest accomplishment in the WW division since GSP retired.

How can you rank Lawler above Wonderboy, is it only because Lawler was given a belt by Dana?

Other than the belt, what arguments do you have that Lawler is #1 ?

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson #1 WW in the world, Condit #2, Lawler #3.
LOL... a man with 1 top 10 name on his record deserves to be ranked number 1 in the WW division. COOL STORY BRO!

The man lost to Matt Brown, and Lawler and Hendricks walked through that man. This whole thread is a troll.

Stephen Thompson, the man who's biggest win before this was Fake Ellenaspergers.

Back