Should/will Bones get stripped of his title?

Stripping his title would be nothing but a charity offering to the LHW division and a few angry fanboys.

Who cares. Whether you strip him or not, he is the fucking champ. I don't like the guy, but if he loses his belt it should be in the cage.

He should get stripped of the title. If he doesn't UFC will look like a joke.

Strip the title or NC the Cormier decision.

Better than being let go.

Should? Probably, to give him time to get the help he needs.

Will he? Hells no.

I'm an admitted Jones hater. But here is what's what.

UFC should have scrapped the fight. Crushing after the big press conference etc., but was the right thing to do.

Unless Jon's fight blood tests show something, fight result should stand.

I wouldn't strip Jon of the title. I would fine him. I would, along with medical staff and Jons agent develop a plan of treatment and specific expectations going forward regarding testing and behavior and what the penalties for future violations will be.

I would make Gus and Rumble for an interim title to give Jon all the time he needs to deal with however deep his issues are. He needs to go take care of this and do it right.

thanks for pocketing the hate and at least coming up with a reasoned response.
obviously the UFC was never going to scrap the fight, even though it would have been the right thing to do.

If cocaine isn't a banned substance, you really can't strip him.

To save face for the company though I would create an interim title and let Jones sit out at least a year to deal with his problem. I wouldn't even bring his name up. Just let the news die down, let him get help and then a year from now he can come back with hopefully with a positive story. You can turn a negative into a positive if you do it right.

Just make Gus/Rumble for the interim title and let it go from here. Gus/Rumble getting a title shot at a Jones who is currently in rehab with no time table to return does not look good.

matt riddle fought for the ufc 5 months after his first failed POST FIGHT drug test after a 90 day suspension by the ac.

stripping jones would be a joke and you all know it.

He should but will not be stripped. Jon Jones is an obnoxious hypocrite, I can't wait to see him fall

Diuretics and steroids can come from doctors, weed is legal in some states so although it is bad most fighters and people have access to these things. Cocaine can only come from a drug dealer for the most part. Jones has to be suspended and stripped or the UFC looks like a joke. And I am a huge Bones fan. But this is so embarrassing to the UFC and all Jon's sponsors.

This couldn't have been posted in the multiple other Jones threads? Hell, how about the big stickied Jones thread right at the top?

but it was only a itty bitty widdle bit, and it was like... a month ago!

902984336.jpg

No one cares when Nick Diaz gets busted with drugs all of the time. This is so silly.

They don't seemed embarrassed at all.

No need to make a threat in jones' coke thingy. There is already one. Use it.

Cocaine is actually "less illegal" than marijuana on the federal level.

Back