Should/will Bones get stripped of his title?

So, please let me know if I got this right.

Bones gets popped early Dec for cocaine when he was in training for DC.
UFC nor the AC lets anyone know about it.
Fight goes through.
Bones wins.
UFC send him to rehab, conveniently after the fight, instead of when he first tested positive.

Should DC sue the UFC? He has to fight the best in the world when tested positive for coke during his training camp, while the UFC knew about it?

Yes he SHOULD. Say what you will but alot of young kids do probably look up to Jones or are at least aware of him. Hey kids you can do coke all you want, and if we catch you just say sorry and go to rehab with 100% of our support and love.

You cant change the rules after the fact just because you dont like the champ. Sure ban cocaine between fights but you actually have to tell the fighters first. I thought this was basic stuff.

I certainly hope not.

If he has a serious problem and can't quickly recover they might have to but otherwise he is still the GOAT and the champion, if anything battling drug addiction makes his achievements even more impressive.

Should DC sue the UFC? He has to fight the best in the world when tested positive for coke during his training camp, while the UFC knew about it?

What's the basis of the lawsuit? It is not a PED and he passed another test one month later..

I don't see how you can answer this question without seeing the post-fight testing results. Than it should be clear if it's a NC or not.

No, if his post-fight test comes back clean. How are they going to strip him of the title if he didn't violate a rule?

The only other way he gets stripped of the title would be if his rehab causes him to go into indefinite medical leave from the sport.

Fight goes through.
Bones wins.
UFC send him to rehab, conveniently after the fight, instead of when he first tested positive.

I would also like to know if someone can help educate me. If the test was in December, why are we just hearing about it now?

Anyone?

Good question. Depends on what the commission says. Also isn't the suspension for coke 6months+?

no he shouldn't, but he should lose his win money, be fined and face a reasonably lengthy suspension... what's happened is that he's taken an illegal drug in the run up to the biggest fight of his career, caused the ufc reputational damage and maybe even financial damage (will reebok want to be associated with jones at the minute?) and dana and the ufc have basically weasled out of taking a stance on it because he entered rehab

that's like saying 'whoops, sorry' and they're saying that's okay, you're a good kid you didn't mean it

How is he going to lose his win money or get fined unless his contract specifically says that a test failure means he loses it?

They should do the safe thing and make Gus and Rumble for an interim title just in case.

Worst case scenario an already weak division is not on pause if Jon needs 6-8 months, best case, so what you unify in April May .

It seems pretty clear that the commission can't do anything about it as this metabolite isn't on the out of competition banned substance list. I personally don't think people should be punished for recreational drugs, but considering that people have already been penalized for weed, whose metabolites stays much longer in the body, I think he should get suspended, stripped and the fight turned to a no contest, but the commission can't legally do it.

Fight goes through.
Bones wins.

Good luck with that lawsuit considering taking coke several weeks before the fight isn't a violation of rules and has no impact on the fight results.

Now if his post fight tests positive then maybe DC could sue Jones for second hand coke

Does ruling a title fight as a NC automatically means vacating the title?

Yes, he should be but I'm sure nothing will happen, just like when he eye pokes people, has DUIs and lies to the athletic commission.

Yes, he should be but I'm sure nothing will happen, just like when he eye pokes people, has DUIs and lies to the athletic commission.
what does eye pokes have to do with anything? When did he lie to the athletic commission?

Jesus, you haters aren't even trying anymore.

what does eye pokes have to do with anything? When did he lie to the athletic commission?

Jesus, you haters aren't even trying anymore.

He told them he lost his Nike deal because of the brawl, then a week or so ago he admitted it was a lie.

Back