Should/will Bones get stripped of his title?

Should? Obviously.
Will? Very unlikely.

n5rot0.jpg

Didn't Guillard get suspended for cocaine use? I mean yeah, Jones > Guillard, but still.

If Liddell wasn't stripped then neither should Jones.

Also while we're at it lets drug test all champs at this very moment.

Pat Healy lost submission of the night bonus because he tested positive marijuana. So allowing Jones to keep the belt means one of two things:

1. Marijuana is worse than cocaine; or

2. Submission of the night bonus is more important the championship belt.

Who wants to defend either of those propositions?

Healy tested in "post fight" screening, Jon tested positive 1 month before the fight.

You're welcome...Aasshaatt!

Didn't Guillard get suspended for cocaine use? I mean yeah, Jones > Guillard, but still.

Yeah Guillard got suspended for having cocaine in his system during a fight. Jones passed the post fight test.

lmao is this a serious question? hell fucking no unless it comes up on his post fight test

Hell no he shouldn't.

Steroids would have been a different conversation. Cocaine, many days / weeks before the fight - no. Just no.

He should, but he won't. It just makes him look really hardcore lol Who doesn't love themselves a little nose candy from time to time?

Nothing wrong with doing a little coke.

If we was on cocaine during the fight, yes. Otherwise, no.

/thread

The article specifically stated he tested positive on Dec 4 which I am pretty certain was the random drug test. Athletic commission let the fight happen because it isn't a banned substance.

Yes. He is the worst champ in ufc history. Drink driving,fighting at press events, hate speech on social media and now this. He's been given more than enough chances.

Yes. He is the worst champ in ufc history. Drink driving,fighting at press events, hate speech on social media and now this. He's been given more than enough chances.

you were given a chance to post something reasonable, perhaps your failure should result in a ban from Sherdog.

Yes... He should be stripped, because the UFC should voluntarily suspend him for a period of 1 year (because apparently the athletic commission is entirely too stupid to see that cocaine usage during a training camp should qualify as PED usage, and then do it themselves).

I'm entirely positive that the UFC has a "morality clause" in their contracts and has the power to do this.

The UFC should then lobby to have NSAC add cocaine to it's list of banned substances out of competition.... because the fact that it's not already on the list is a joke. I'd also add it should lobby to have marijuana -removed- from those out of competition lists, particularly in states where it is now legal, as well as in competition testing to actually make account of the fact that marijuana metabolites can linger in your system faaaaaaaaaar longer (1month blood, 6months hair), and that the mere presence of metabolites, DOES NOT INDICATE ACTUAL IMPAIRMENT at the time of the test.... Whereas cocaine, lasts a much much shorter time in the system (3 days), and DOES indicate impairment.

That all being said, his advantage was gained in -training- not on fight time, so I don't see any reason to change the Jones/Cormier fight result to a NC.... It would stay as a Jones win, and a successful defense.

As much as i dun like jones and as much as i think the cocain thing is fuked up...jones aint gona loose his belt...no way uncle dana gona do that

Back