Opinion Should WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Be Jailed?

?

• Total voters
For what? (Specifically do you mean?)

If convicted following a fair trial he should be imprisoned. Depending on the charges he should be jailed prior to the trial as a flight risk.

Not enough info to otherwise answer the question.

If by "jailed" you mean summarily imprisoned, then no. I don't have definitive knowledge that he's guilty of a crime.

"Jailed" as in detained after being charged, while his guilt is determined? Yeah maybe.

He has basically been in prison for nothing for how long now?

And none of our mainstream media has defended him.

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Well they did try to set him up with a fake rape charge.

He should NOT be jailed for exposing government secrets or DNC emails.

Hmmmm

Actually he was hiding in an embassy because he was accused of sexual misconduct in Sweden. He used the US as a boogeyman to avoid those charges because he likely committed other crimes against the US in regards to releasing classified data and other stolen materials which will likely be a much steeper punishment and is rightfully being pursued by the US government.

Nope. I'm glad he exposed the media and Clinton campaign

I also encourage any entity to expose the Trump Admin and Israel/Saudi collusion

Even Jerfrey Toobin said its a 1st ammendment right. Would have to prove wiki leaks did actual hacking vs reporting findings.

Didn't they already settle this matter a while ago with the "Pentagon Papers"?

I don't think he's going to jail for publishing truth. Now, if they can prove he's working with a foreign government to undermine the US, that's a different matter. Just publishing stolen documents though? Don't think that's gonna fly.

Actually he was hiding in an embassy because he was accused of sexual misconduct in Sweden. He used the US as a boogeyman to avoid those charges because he likely committed other crimes against the US in regards to releasing classified data and other stolen materials which will likely be a much steeper punishment and is rightfully being pursued by the US government.
This line of thinking is a danger and threat to whistleblowers which sends a horrible message.

Edward Snowden is an American hero. Just because Obama is your homeboy and wanted to execute him(and Assange) doesn't mean you have to feel the same way.

And a collective GASP occurs in the WR at the fact you hold this position

Who could ever imagine

Didn't they already settle this matter a while ago with the "Pentagon Papers"?

I don't think he's going to jail for publishing truth. Now, if they can prove he's working with a foreign government to undermine the US, that's a different matter. Just publishing stolen documents though? Don't think that's gonna fly.

I actually think it's much less likely he's jailed for trying to undermine our election, and much more likely the DoD executes him for exposing them.

Yes.
He's guilty of non-corporate controlled, independent journalism.
And exposing and angering some powerful people in the process. A horrific crime indeed.

I think the Democrats and Republicans/ US Government is the real enemy.

He's being hounded because what he releases is uncomfortable to power. They fabricated a false rape accusation. They would never give him a fair trial.

Back