Should We Stop Calling Our Pets 'Pets' because its derogatory and patronizing?

I have a tiny lizard who lives in a cage, of course. But, I always refer to it as her home because it always sound bad to me when I say cage.

Get two birds stoned at once.

But anyways animals dont understand most words they understand tone. I can say come here you little retarded sack of shit but if I say it sweetly my dogs tail goes a wagging and hes happy as can be and runs over to me. Basically PETA can fuck off.

Dogs who actually work and contribute equally to a family are rarely referred to as a "pet." But this is limited to sled dogs and not much else.

If you're just there for your companionship, your a pet. Dog or human.

Id rather start calling humans animals. Savage beasts would work too. Or start calling men dogs and women pussies.

I think it's time we stop saying words altogether. It's offensive to mute people.

Typical Anglo-Saxon batshitness.

I ll say this though and I mean it: breeding animals to become pets should be more regulated. Too many pets are miserable and end up in shelters.

i call my bitch my pet and i call my dog my companion

What of they like it?

Stop kink shaming.

DT1898_2000x.jpg

You need to stop touching your companion because it is sexual harassment. You need to sign a consent form before "petting"

Animal owners should stop calling their four-legged friends 'pets' because it's derogatory and patronizing, comparable to the treatment of women before the feminist movement. That's according to the animal rights group PETA, who want them to be called 'companions' and also want the word 'owner' to be replaced with 'human carer'. Phrases like "flog a dead horse" and "kill two birds with one stone" should also be banned.

These cunts KILL people's PETS, so they're in no position to language police us. I would love to tell them that to their punk faces.

Animal owners should stop calling their four-legged friends 'pets' because it's derogatory and patronizing, comparable to the treatment of women before the feminist movement. That's according to the animal rights group PETA, who want them to be called 'companions' and also want the word 'owner' to be replaced with 'human carer'. Phrases like "flog a dead horse" and "kill two birds with one stone" should also be banned.

The day my dog or one of my cats actually speaks proper English and expresses concern about that, we'll talk lol.

That being said, my PETS are like family and I love them more than 99% of people I meet.

This fucking world man...

Is there anything that they don't get offended by?
They're trolls, they aren't actually offended

They're also pet killers. PETA murders over 99% of the pets they take in (along with the ones they kidnap):

It is a lie because rescue groups and individuals have come forward stating that the animals they gave PETA were healthy and adoptable. It is a lie because testimony under oath in court from a veterinarian showed that PETA was given healthy and adoptable animals who were later found dead by PETA's hands, their bodies unceremoniously thrown away in a supermarket dumpster. It is a lie because, according to The Daily Caller, "two PETA employees described as 'adorable' and 'perfect' some of the dogs and cats they killed in the back of a PETA-owned van."
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...d-very-bad-history-of-killing-animals/254130/

It’s true, and while we are at it, we should stop calling what we eat food. We should call it what it really is, corpses of plants and animals. Now excuse me while I go eat a corpse of vegetables with turkey corpse on a baked wheat corpse.

There are way too many assholes bringing their fucking dogs into the fucking store when the sign at the door clearly says medical assistant dog ok, but no pets. Some bring them in baby strollers. I could have swore I saw chunks of dog shit in the store near the cashier.

I don't like the idea of owning another living thing, so I personally don't use the term "owner".

With that said, I highly doubt that the animal cares.

This is a non-story.

I never called my dog 'pet', he's just my dog. Although he's much more than just a dog to me.
And what does that even mean ? It's not like I walk my "pet" every day, I walk my "dog" and that's it.

Back